15 мая 2016 г.

The Conversation

Billions 1×12


& Wags: Why do I have to carry this shit?
    Axelrod: I’m not gonna carry it. You know the drill. Principal comes in unburdened, free but for his brilliant ideas. And the COO... he lugs the books like a schoolboy with a crush.
    Wags: There’s no reason to even have these books. This info can fit on the flash drive.
    Axelrod: Do you know why we wear ties?.. To signify seriousness of purpose. Ours is not to question why, but to do, if... like the schoolboy, we want our kiss.

& Staley: In a year’s time, I’d be happy to revisit.
    Axelrod: In a year’s time, you’re not gonna be able to get me on the phone. When I walk out that door today, we are friends for life, or you don’t exist to me ever again. I’m about to go on the run of a lifetime.

& Axelrod: I am aligned. I feel it. And I know you can see it. I’m here, but in ten seconds, the bullet train leaves. And if you wanna make money... climb the fuck aboard.

& Wendy: I didn’t sell you out. Polygraph me, motherfucker!

& Wendy: Pack your shit. When I get back... be gone.

& Chuck: Case is terminated... Looked like a winner, but it’s not. ’Cause there is no gun. Uh, there will never be a gun.

& Lonnie: It’s Chinatown, Jake.


& Axelrod: Wags, five sticks wired now to Wendy Rhoades’ personal account.
    Wags: Whoa! Powerball winner.
    Axelrod: Check your e-mail in two minutes.

& Lara: Well, I’ll return it all to the bank tomorrow.
    Axelrod: You know what? Don’t. Leave it here. You never know.

& Chuck: Okay. Let’s see if we can Tinker Tailor his ass.

& Bryan: I can’t sit with you.
    Axelrod: Sure, you can. You want to. Same way you want to stare at the lions at the zoo.

& Bryan: Like you said... I stare at the lions at the zoo, too. Doesn’t mean I wanna be one.
    Axelrod: Sure, it does. Everyone wants to be a lion. Most people just never get the chance... I’m offering you one now.

& Bryan: Thanks for the pizza.

& Axelrod: What have I done wrong? Really? Except make money, succeed. All these rules and regulations... arbitrary, chalked up by politicians for their own ends. And these fines you’re always going after... Where do they go? Who gets them? The poor? No. The Treasury, the government. It’s taxation by other means.
    Chuck: Save the civics lesson and the Ayn Rand bullshit. The fines are the minimum of what you should have to pay!

& Chuck: You infect the entire world. You throw the whole system off balance, leaving chaos and poverty in your wake.
    Axelrod: I make the system run. I have contributed hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes and philanthropy. I employ hundreds of people directly, thousands indirectly. What do you do?.. Nothing... besides suck from the municipality, feed off of it. And in exchange, you what? Keep order? You’re a traffic cop hiding in federal robes!

& Axelrod: When I pull a deal off the table, I leave Nagasaki behind.

& Chuck: You know the only enemy more dangerous than a man with unlimited resources... is one with nothing to lose. And that is what you are looking at right here.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий