9 мая 2016 г.

The Day in Question

11.22.63 × 8


& Sadie: Is the president safe?

& Jake: No, and you’re not gonna railroad me into some bullshit confession.
    Captain Fritz: Son, I’m Dallas police. I don’t have to railroad anybody.

& Jake: Oswald was killed with his own rifle!
    Agent Hosty: Oh, I’m not gonna let a little thing like ballistics get in the way of the truth.

& Officer: Captain... sir, there’s a telephone call for Mr. Amberson.
    Captain Fritz: I don’t give a good goddamn about a phone call for Mr. Amberson. I don’t care if it’s the President of the United States...
    Operator: Hello? Hold for the President...
    President Kennedy: Mr. Amberson, Jack Kennedy here.

& Agent Hosty: You save the President’s life and... Poof... You walk into that bus station and disappear.
    Jake: I like privacy.
    Agent Hosty: Mm. Far be it for me to pull the thread on the story of a hero. If I did, the whole thing would unravel. God knows this country wants a hero. An American hero who saved the President’s life and values his privacy.

& Ticket seller: Crazy day, huh? Where y’all headed?
    Jake: Lisbon, Maine.
    Ticket seller: Five bucks.

& Jake: I’ll fix this, Sadie. I’ll be right back.


& Jake: Uh, I don’t understand. I thought JFK would’ve made things better.
    Harry: You don’t understand this world.

& Yellow Card Man: It ends the same, over... and over... and over.
    Jake: It’s gonna be different!
    Yellow Card Man: She’ll always die.

& Sadie: You might remember Deke Simmons, and some of you may recall that little poem that he... That he loved... That he kept on copies on his desk so that he could hand them out to troublesome students... or students that were troubled. Well, this was the poem.
      «We did not ask for this room or this music.
        We were invited in.
        Therefore, because the dark surrounds us,
        let us turn our faces to the light.
        Let us endure hardship to be grateful for plenty.
        We have been given pain to be astounded by joy.
        We have been given life to deny death.
        We did not ask for this room or this music.
        But because we are here, let us dance.»


& Sadie: I could swear I do know you. Who are you?
    Jake: Someone you knew in another life.

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий