28 мая 2016 г.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

& 1st soldier: .... What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
    King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
    1st soldier: It’s not a question of where he grips it! It’s a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
    King Arthur: Well, it doesn’t matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
    1st soldier: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

& Large Man with Dead Body: Who’s that, then?
    The Dead Collector: I don’t know. Must be a king.
    Large Man with Dead Body: Why?
    The Dead Collector: He hasn’t got shit all over him.

& Dennis: What I object to is that you treat me like an inferior.
    King Arthur: Well, I am king.
    Dennis: King? Very nice. How did you get that? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society! If there’s ever going to be any progress...
    Woman: There’s some lovely filth down here.


& King Arthur: I am your king.
    Woman: Well, I didn’t vote for you.
    King Arthur: You don’t vote for kings.
    Woman: Well how’d you become king then?
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king—
    Dennis: Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    King Arthur: Be quiet.
    Dennis: You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power ’cause some watery tart threw a sword at you.
    King Arthur: Shut up!
    Dennis: If I went around saying I was an emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!
    King Arthur: Will you shut up?
    Dennis: See the violence inherent in the system.
    King Arthur: Shut up!
    Dennis: See the violence inherent in the system! Help, I’m being repressed!

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb !

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий