6 мая 2016 г.

The Odd Couple

& Oscar: I know him. He’s too nervous to kill himself. He wears his seat belt in the drive-in movie.

& Murray: Are you crazy, letting him go to the john alone?
    Roy: Suppose he tries to kill himself?
    Oscar: How?
    Murray: Whaddaya mean, how? Razor blades, poison, anything that’s in there.
    Oscar: Nah. That’s the kids’ bathroom. Th worst he could do is brush his teeth to death.
    Roy: He could jump.
    Murray: Right. Isn’t there a window?
    Oscar: Yeah, but it’s only 6 inches wide.
    Roy: He could break the glass. He could cut his wrists.
    Oscar: He could flush himself into the East River. I’m telling you he’s not going to try anything.

& Murray: For God’s sakes, Oscar, do something. Say something.
    Oscar: What do you say to a man crying in your bathroom?

& Felix: Why you want me to move in?
    Oscar: Because I can’t stand living alone, that’s why. For crying out loud, I’m proposing to you. What do you want, a ring?

& Oscar: Good night, Felix.
    Felix: Good night, Frances.


& Oscar: Don’t come to me with your petty problems. You get this one stinkin’ night a week. I’m cooped up here with Mary Poppins 24 hours a day.

& Felix: What’s wrong, Oscar?
    Oscar: There’s something wrong with this system. I don’t think that two single men living alone in a big eight-room apartment... should have a cleaner house than my mother.

& Oscar: Bowling is wonderful exercise, Felix. But that’s not the kind of relaxation I had in mind. I mean, the night was made for other things.
    Felix: Like what?
    Oscar: Like unless I get to touch something soft in the next two weeks, I’m in big trouble.
    Felix: Oh, you mean women?
    Oscar: If you wanna give it a name, all right, women.

& Oscar: All I’m saying is, why don’t we spend one night talking to someone with higher voices than us?
    Felix: You mean, uh...?
    Oscar: That’s what I mean.

& Felix: I’ll take a pill and go to sleep.
    Oscar: Why take a pill when you can take a girl?

& Cecily: And what field of endeavor are you engaged in?
    Felix: I write the news for television.
    Cecily: Oh, fascinating. Mm. Where do you get your ideas from?
    Felix: From, uh... the news.
    Cecily: Oh, yes, of course. Silly me.

& Oscar: Aren’t you gonna thank me?
    Felix: For what?
    Oscar: The two greatest things I’ve ever done for you. Taking you in and throwing you out.

& Oscar: Felix, what about next Friday? You’re not gonna break up the poker game.
    Felix: Me? Never. Marriage may come and go, but the game must go on.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ TV Series?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий