22 мая 2016 г.

Psycho

& Mr Cassidy: $40,000 cash. Now that’s not buying happiness. That’s just buying off unhappiness.

& Caroline: Aren’t you going to take the pills? They’ll knock that headache out.
    Marion: Can’t buy off unhappiness with pills.

& Marion: A man should have a hobby...
    Norman Bates: Well, it’s... it’s more than a hobby. A hobby’s supposed to pass the time, not fill it.

& Marion: Do you go out with friends?
    Norman: Well, a boy’s best friend is his mother.

& Norman: You know what I think? I think that
we’re all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out. We scratch and claw, but only at the air, only at each other. And for all of it, we never budge an inch.
    Marion: Sometimes we deliberately step into those traps...
    Norman: I was born in mine. I don’t mind it any more.


& Marion: I meant well!
    Norman: People always mean well. They cluck their thick tongues and shake their heads and suggest, oh, so very delicately. Of course, I’ve suggested it myself. But I hate to even think about it!

& Norman: She needs me. It’s not as if she were a maniac, a raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes.

& Sheriff Chambers: Sheriff Chambers: Your detective told you he couldn’t come right back because he was going to question Norman Bates’ mother, right?
    Lila: Yes.
    Sheriff Chambers: Norman Bates’ mother has been dead and buried in Green Lawn Cemetery for the past 10 years...

& Sheriff Chambers: It ain’t only local history, Sam. It’s the only case of murder and suicide on Fairvale ledgers. Mrs Bates poisoned this guy she was involved with when she found out he was married. Then took a helping of the same stuff herself... Strychnine. Ugly way to die.

& Sheriff Chambers: Well, if the woman up there is Mrs Bates, who’s that woman buried out in Green Lawn Cemetery?..

& Lila: I can handle a sick old woman.

& Dr. Richman: Now, to understand it the way I understood it, hearing it from the mother, that is, from the mother half of Norman’s mind, you have to go back 10 years to the time when Norman murdered his mother and her lover...

& Norma Bates: I hope they are watching. They’ll see. They’ll see and they’ll know, and they’ll say, «Why, she wouldn’t even harm a fly.»

--
++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий