26 мая 2016 г.

Turn It Upside Down

Elementary 4×22


& Holmes: Perhaps my consistently referring to my father as the devil incarnate wasn’t clear. He has armies on his payroll. He has mercenaries on speed dial. There are countries that you learned the name of as a child, that no longer exist because of him.

& Watson: Let me guess: You saw a mouse.
    Holmes: Are you familiar with the term umwelt?
    Watson: No, but I have a feeling I’m about to be.
    Holmes: German origin. Refers to one’s subjective experience, as dictated by our biology. If there were a mouse, to it, you and I would be giants. To a giraffe, we are small.

& Holmes: I mentioned umwelt because I’ve been contemplating my own. Biology dictates reality. I am the son of Morland Holmes. Make of that what you will.

& Mr. Holmes: You seem displeased.
    Holmes: With myself. I often say detection should be an exact science. It should be cold, unclouded by emotion. Otherwise, one tends to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.


& Arthur Tetch: Right. I take online surveys. What do you call them, clickbait? «What Game of Thrones character are you?..» I always get Joffrey.

& Watson: You’re taking Dr. Naylor’s survey? Why would you do that to yourself? And why are you listening to disco?
    Holmes: I’m taking the test because you said Arthur Tetch took it. I’m listening to upbeat music because taking the test is analogous to eating drain hair. I came across this song and the lyrics seem fitting for reasons that will become clear.

& Holmes: That’s the nice thing about jewelry, gemstones. They’re a very compact way of smuggling money across a border, without leaving a paper trail...

& Holmes: Joshua King, Charles Babbage, they’re both Lucasian Chairs of Mathematics at Cambridge.
    Watson: I don’t see how that matters.
    Holmes: ’Cause it’s a pattern I’ve seen before. It’s a gag she used to name her operatives for her own amusement.

& Holmes: We’ve dealt with this organization before, Watson. It was run by Moriarty.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий