8 мая 2016 г.

45 Years

& Geoff: How strange would that be, though? She’ll look like she did in 1962. And I look like this.

& Mr. Watkins: This really is a great venue for such an event. So full of history, you see?
    Kate: Like a good marriage...

& Lena: If it’s some twist of evolution that needs men to be obsessed by their obituaries, their legacies, then maybe it’s ours to nudge them into realizing what’s really important before they kill themselves, you know, with the disappointment.

& Kate: I guess we didn’t see the point of taking pictures of ourselves. Would have been a bit vain.
    Geoff: You used to say that everybody taking pictures all the time stopped anyone having any fun.
    Kate: Did I?
    Geoff: You did.
    Kate: Sounds like something I’d say.


& DJ: I need the songs for Saturday.
    Kate: Er, song? Oh, songs, yes. Er... just a minute. Um... Happy Together by The Turtles. For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield. Um, Your Precious Love by Marvin Gaye. And Higher And Higher by... I don’t remember who that’s by. Is it Jackie Wilson? ... No. No Elton John. What else? I haven’t got my list... The Moody Blues? That’s enough.

& Kate: Have you taken your pills today?
    Geoff: No.
    Kate: Then I’m going to get them. nd then we’re going to have dinner, and then we’re going to go to bed. And then we’re going to get up. And we’ll try and start again.

& Kate: You used to love your birdwatching.
    Geoff: I did, yes.
    Kate: It’s funny how you forget the things in life that make you happy...

& Kate: I was going to get you a watch. I was thinking of having it engraved, but I wasn’t sure what to write.
    Geoff: I like not knowing the time.

& Geoff: As, um, as we get older, we seem to stop, er, making choices. Big ones, anyway. Perhaps we only get so many, er, in a lifetime, and once we’ve used them up, they’re gone. Or maybe our brains, they just get a bit, er, old and arthritic, like, er... like George’s knee. Er, whatever. The upshot is that the choices we make when we’re young are pretty bloody important. Er, like the choice, er, Kate and me made 45 years ago... today.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий