30 мая 2016 г.

The Program

& Lance Armstrong: It’s the hardest sporting event in the world. One hundred and eighty riders, 20 stages, and only one gets to wear the Yellow Jersey... This is the dream.

& David Walsh: A lot of the riders, they describe the Tour as a journey, an odyssey into pain and suffering and endurance, an almost religious experience. Eventually you arrive at a point of enhanced self-awareness. And I was wondering, do you think about that?
    Armstrong: Well, I just love to ride my bike.

& Armstrong: We’re gonna do it like it’s never been done before. It’s gonna be a collaborative effort with manufacturers, sponsors, technicians... I want racers who... serve the team. Lieutenants who will sit on the front. Racers for the mountains and racers for the flats. We apply science, optimize the diet, train at altitude, train for one race only. We’ll be a blue train.

& John: Why isn’t it enough for you that today he was just simply the best of a great bunch?
    Walsh: Because, John, there is nothing in his record to support that. He used to get beaten by climbers, easily, and today he destroyed them. Prior to this Tour, his best finish on a mountain stage was 39th. But now he’s a man transformed into the finest climber I’ve ever seen. He’s recovered from cancer and turned into bloody Superman.

& Walsh: You think they don’t know? Come on. It’s omerta. Nobody’s gonna say anything. Nobody wants to ruin the party. Just let the sponsors roll in. Let the media tell their lies and to hell with the public. And hey, if the winners are all cheats, fuck it.


& Charles: Hey, Lance, is it true they’re making a movie about you?
    Armstrong: Yeah. Pretty cool, right?
    Charles: Do you know who’s gonna play you?
    Armstrong: It was supposed to be Matt Damon.
    Charles: Matt Damon?! He’s pretty shit-hot at running across rooftops and stuff, but... he’s not you.
    Armstrong: He fell out. I think it’s gonna be Jake Gyllenhaal.
    Charles: Jake Gyllenhaal?! Oh, dude, that is awesome. Did you see that movie, Donnie Darko?
    Armstrong: No.
    Charles: At the beginning of that film, Jake Gyllenhaal is riding a bike.
    Armstrong: So?
    Charles: Well, so he’d be perfect.
    Armstrong: Why? To play me? Because he can ride a bike?

& Bob Hamman: I’ve been playing poker since ’55, bridge since ’63, insurance since ’86. All the same game. At the core of what I do is making judgment of risk in situations where the odds are essentially complex.

& Walsh: You realize what we’re up against. Lance Armstrong is a friend of George Bush, Bill Clinton, Sheryl Crow, David Letterman, Robin Williams and bloody Bono. That many famous people can’t be wrong, can they?

& Armstrong: Create a conflict of interest. David Walsh’s book is not going to print. Not in the States. Not in my backyard. Because I’m Lance Armstrong and he is fucking no one. I like this. I like somebody trying to go faster than me. I like malignant cells trying to take over my body. I like some fool trying to take me down. Because I go faster. I don’t die and I will not be brought down.

& Armstrong: Now there’s something I once said which is, «The pain is temporary. Quitting, that’s forever.» And I guess I just don’t know how to quit.

& Armstrong: I can’t get up in the morning unless I have something to live for. That’s training, competition. I’m not training because I enjoy it, I’m not training because I wanna stay fit. It’s my whole... my whole life. It’s what I do. It’s what I do.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий