27 окт. 2021 г.

The Starling (2021)

Dr. Larry Fine: Are you familiar with stage three of the grieving process?
Lilly Maynard: I'm assuming that follows stage two?
Dr. Larry Fine: Not, uh, necessarily. But generally. Uh, it's "bargaining and anger." Nobody ever talked to you about this?
Lilly Maynard: Nope. What comes after that?
Dr. Larry Fine: Depression.
Lilly Maynard: Great. I can't wait.
Dr. Larry Fine: Mmm, you might not have to wait too long.
Lilly Maynard: Jeez.

Dr. Larry Fine: What... What did the bird look like?
Lilly Maynard: Um, I don't know. Dark, wings.
Dr. Larry Fine: That... that narrows it down.

Lilly Maynard: Is this how it works?
Dr. Larry Fine: How what works?
Lilly Maynard: This.
Dr. Larry Fine: Oh, you think... No, no, no. If we were doing that, I'd just say, "Sorry our time is up. Take this pill."

Dr. Larry Fine: You know, sometimes we push people away just to see if they'll come back.
Lilly Maynard: Yeah?
Dr. Larry Fine: Maybe it'll be better this time.
Lilly Maynard: You think?
Dr. Larry Fine: Maybe.

Dr. Larry Fine: You... You want some kind of answer? You want me to say everything's gonna be okay?
Lilly Maynard: Yeah. Yeah, Larry. I... Answers are good. People want answers.
Dr. Larry Fine: I don't have the answers. I never did. I just talked. And the moment I figured that out, I quit and stopped pretending.

Dr. Larry Fine: The problem in dealing with a territorial creature, such as a starling, is that people begin to take it personally. I... I don't think the laws of nature are intrinsically right or wrong, until you're faced with something that's just so... inexplicable, so randomly cruel. And you... try to find a reason for it. And when you can't find any, I... I guess that's when it starts to get pretty personal.

Lilly Maynard: Some things are just out of our control. And the sooner you figure out what they are, the faster you can let them go.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий