24 окт. 2021 г.

The Green Knight (2021)

King: Remember, it is only a game.

Gawain: And if death awaits me?
King: Oh, I do not know of any man who has not marched up to greet death before his time.

Gawain: Why are you holding me to this light?
King: Is it wrong to want greatness for you?
Gawain: I fear I am not meant for greatness.

Essel: I like your head better where it is.
Gawain: I gave my word. I made a covenant.
Essel: This is how silly men perish.
Gawain: Or how brave men become great.
Essel: Why greatness? Why is goodness not enough?

Gawain: My lady. Are you real, or are you a spirit?
Winifred: What is the difference? I just need my head.
Gawain: As will I before the year is out.

Gawain: If I go in there and find it, what would you offer me in exchange?
Winifred: Why would you ask me that? Why would you ever ask me that?

The Lord: You are at the end of your quest, Gawain. A little sooner than you expected, perhaps. But such is the case for us all.

The Lord: Have you ever seen a hawk kill a horse? Just swoop down and... Phew. It's terrible. Every man should see it at least once. But that is the world. And the world is fit for all manner of mysteries. A man's home, though, should be safe from all that. One wall joined with another, line and plumb. Good, strong walls, and a fire within.

The Lord: And what do you hope to gain from facing all of this... this hue?
Gawain: Honor?
The Lord: Are you asking me?
Gawain: No. Honor. That is why a knight does what he does.
The Lord: And this is what you want most in life?
Gawain: To be a knight.
The Lord: No, honor. You are not very good with questions.
Gawain: It is part of the life I want.
The Lord: And this is all it takes for that part to be had? You'll do this one thing, you return home a changed man, an honorable man? Just like that?
Gawain: Yes.
The Lord: Hmm. Oh, I wish I could see the new you. But perhaps we will miss our old friend and our fun and our games.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий