7 окт. 2021 г.

Christmas at Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey 2×9


Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Lawyers are always confident before the verdict. It's only afterwards they share their doubts.

Daisy Robinson: Don't you believe in spirits, then?
Mrs. Hughes: Well, I don't believe they play board games.

Sir Richard Carlisle: Do you always play charades on Christmas night?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: This isn't charades, this is the game.
Sir Richard Carlisle: Do you enjoy these games in which the player must appear ridiculous?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Sir Richard, life is a game in which the player must appear ridiculous.
Sir Richard Carlisle: Not in my life. ....
Lady Mary Crawley: Richard, your turn. Come on.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: How soon your maxim will be tested...

John Bates: Anna, you must prepare for the worst. I'm not saying it will happen, but you must prepare for it.
Anna Bates: I know it could happen. I do. But the time to face it is after it has happened. And not before.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I wondered why she didn't ask to come for Christmas.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Would you have allowed it?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Well, well. So we're to have a Fenian grandchild.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Cheer up. Come the revolution, it may be useful to have a contact on the other side.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Happy new year, Mama.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: 1920! Is it to be believed?! I feel as old as Methuselah!
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: But so much prettier.

Lord Hepworth: You'll concede there are many varieties of happy marriage.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Maybe. But they are all based on honesty.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Do you recall a Turkish diplomat who stayed here before the war?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I think I can be relied on to remember any guest who is found dead in his bed next morning.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Well, that's the thing...

Lady Mary Crawley: Wherever I go, the time we shared is over.

Sir Richard Carlisle: I'm leaving in the morning, Lady Grantham. I doubt we'll meet again.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Do you promise?

Thomas Barrow: My Ladyship, may I have the honor of this dance?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Yes, it is a waltz. I'm far too old for that awful foxtrot.
Thomas Barrow: What about the black bottom, my Lady?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Just keep me upright. Then we'll try to avoid it.

Matthew Crawley: I haven't forgiven you because... I don't believe you need my forgiveness. You've lived your life and I've lived mine. And now it's time we lived them together.

Lady Mary Crawley: You must say it properly. I won't answer unless you... kneel down and everything!


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий