16 окт. 2021 г.

Liberty

Billions 5×10


Wendy Rhoades: It's not a real painting.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Is if Axe says it is. That's a great thing about abstract art; who knows what Tanner intended?

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Don't try to slink away just yet. We have an announcement.
Bobby Axelrod: So first of all, if you have been vaccinated, take off your mask...

Mick Danzig: Where are you?
Bobby Axelrod: I'm in quarantine. Day before I was due to get my shot, I tested positive for COVID. My fuckin' pilot gave it to me. So those of you with your masks off, we've vaxxed ya'. As many as we could find loopholes for.

Bobby Axelrod: If we didn't vax ya' yet, well, let me just say this to all of you: It's been inspiring as hell watching you all battle on during the worst of the pandemic. Inspiring commitment. Just the same, you're all fired. Every last one of you. Axe Cap is closed.

Bobby Axelrod: The world has changed. We have to change. We have already changed.

Taylor Mason: Psychiatrists will tell you reassurance does no good, because once reassured, you are not becalmed for long. Instead, you become trained to need more reassurance.

Chuck Rhoades: No, no, no, don't do that with your fingers, like that. No, you forget germs?

Chuck Rhoades: Well, welcome to my home, Mike. And to this chapter of a great tradition, the Jeffersonian dinner. A further evolution of it anyway, aided by WebEx. Though separated by circumstance, there's no reason our exchange of ideas has to be... Ah! And we will dine as the founders did, with heritage birds. Has the same unaltered genetic makeup as the turkeys that roam the Shenandoah Valley in Long Tom's day, as my remote emissaries have set up for you...
Mike Prince: I'm surprised you're not in a powdered wig and tricorn.
Bob Sweeney: Don't think he didn't consider it.
Chuck Rhoades: We will honor this custom going back to the days of the founders when leading citizens, both public and private, reviewed and sometimes set the agenda of the day. This will be a "one mind" conversation with everyone taking turns, no real interlocution or crosstalk except by me. I will be our guide. And tonight's topic is... Liberty.

Tuk: That sounds... Well, I'll just say it... Over the line.
Bobby Axelrod: In our world, you're either driven by greed or fear. If you picked fear, I don't know why you're even in that fucking building.

Bobby Axelrod: It's a fucking attack on me. I'm gonna Sherlock Holmes this thing until I figure it out.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Hard Bob... I thought the usual whiff of bullshit had dissipated. My mind is a repository of FDIC rules and regs. I don't need any help. But I will certainly ask you if I do.
Robert Beaufort: How will fee structure and annual percentage rate calculations be disclosed to consumers to ensure compliance with the truth in lending statutes?...
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Let's not bore the lady with these tedious questions. Come with me. I will parry these softballs and more... Let me handle this tinhorn. Why don't you make a TikTok or something?

Rian: Uh... I'm not working for a bank. Banks are bad. Not good bad or fun bad, just bad. And boring.

Taylor Mason: God never made any sense to me. Neither did heaven or hell. But the markets do. You are punished or rewarded as you deserve. It's not up to anyone's whim. That's the kind of stability I can devote my life to.

Rhoades, Sr.: We used to call it Mary Jane, sometimes tea. But whatever you put in your pipe and smoke, that's what they are arguing about right now.
Bobby Axelrod: Cannabis?
Rhoades, Sr.: That's what the marketers want you to call it, yeah.

Lauren Turner: You talk a big game about worshipping logic, clean, emotionless simplicity. But every move you make comes from a personal pain so deep you can't even recognize it.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий