23 окт. 2021 г.

Home for the Holidays (1995)

Claudia Larson: I really wish you were going to be there, kiddo, because, because I am sick as a dog, and I made out with my boss, and Kitt's gonna have sex with a teenager, and then I got fired, or the other way around. Whatever. Oh, my god. I cannot believe I have said this to a machi… I hate machines. Please get rid of this tape. It's nothing. It's absolutely no big deal. I'm fine.

Henry Larson: Dear lord, we realize just that lately everything's changing too damn fast, and all sorts of things are always the same, even things we hated, like shoveling the turkey, and stuffing the snow, and going through the same crap year in and year out.
Adele Larson: Honey, food's getting cold.
Henry Larson: As I was saying, dear lord, before my wife interrupted me, gimme those old-fashioned, pain-in-the-ass traditions, like Thanksgiving, which really means something to us even though god damn it, we couldn't tell you what it is, are starting to stop, and 1,000-year-old trees are falling over dead, and they shouldn't. That's all from this end. Amen.

Henry Larson: I know how you feel.
Joanne Wedman: You don't know how I feel, and, in my opinion, you don't even care.
Henry Larson: Well, opinions are like assholes, honey. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks.

Claudia Larson: You okay? You look, you look okay.
Adele Larson: It's all relative.
Claudia Larson: Nobody means what they say on Thanksgiving, Mom. You know that. It's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? Torture.
Adele Larson: That and giving thanks that we don't have to go through this for another year, except we do, 'cause those bastards went and put Christmas right in the middle, just to punish us.

Tommy Larson: Mom, wait, wait, wait!
Adele Larson: What, what, what?
Tommy Larson: Enough! You're a pain in my ass, you got bad hair, but I like you a lot.
Adele Larson: Well, you know me. I can't change.
Tommy Larson: Believe me… Neither can I, Ma.

Claudia Larson: We don't have to like each other, Jo. We're family.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий