30 окт. 2021 г.

No Direction Home

Billions 5×12


Orrin Bach: You want to talk worst-case scenarios? Okay. But it'll be a mood killer.
Wendy Rhoades: It's hard to kill what's already dead, Orrin.

Bobby Axelrod: How many years am I facing?
Orrin Bach: We'll pick off the shakier aspects of the case. We'll claim there were efforts made to conceal by Winslow.
Hall: We'll work the jury pool for maximum weakness and/or affinity--
Bobby Axelrod: Worst. Case. Don't make me say it again. Now. How many years?
Orrin Bach: Fifteen, 20, likely, for you as the chairman. For the CEO...
Mike Wagner 'Wags': But I hardly had a chance to do anything! I'm a figurehead. You know it. I know it. They definitely know it.
Hall: They don't give a shit, Wags.
Orrin Bach: No, they don't. Your name's on the contract as CEO, Wags. You signed. It was notarized. So you take the weight right along with Bobby.

Orrin Bach: Fast or slow... how do you want to play it?
Bobby Axelrod: Let 'em bring it. Let's get it on.

Bobby Axelrod: I'm gonna fight it loudly and publicly. And once and for all, because he's in my way now, on things that are even more important than business. So push the timeline on this, Orrin. Fast. The arrest, the battle, the victory.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': I can't. There's no scenario where I survive a year in jail, much less what we're looking at here.

Bobby Axelrod: You are a lot stronger than you think you are.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': I know exactly how strong I am, and it's one notch less than strong enough for jail.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Axe, I worship at your altar, sir. But I'm telling you right now, I'm never walking into a jail cell with my name on it. Whatever I have to do, I'll do it.

Bobby Axelrod: I wanted a conscious... a beginning. I pictured thatched huts over blue water. Not courtrooms. Board shorts. Not suits and ties.
Wendy Rhoades: Yeah, well, that's the thing about something real. It doesn't have to look like a fantasy.

Mike Prince: What do you have planned? The lefty guns scoop up while he's about to do a job, or the shake-and-wake while he's in bed?
Chuck Rhoades: I considered all of it. But I want it to be at the office. I walk him out rear-cuffed in front of his loyal troops. Let them see him broken. Let that break them.

Chuck Rhoades: Once I have everything in order, and I will, quite soon, it'll happen. Mr. Axelrod will surrender to me.
Bobby Axelrod: That's a legal term, to be clear, Chuck. So I will. Technically. But know this... I will be fighting you to my dying breath.

Chuck Rhoades: Believe me, I'm taking fucking measures.
Taylor Mason: I hope so. Because a wounded and cornered Bobby Axelrod is not something many survive.

Rian: I don't hate.
Taylor Mason: You do. You've turned it into something else. Like I used to. But it was impressed upon me that instead, and listen to me here... instead, it's best turned into fuel because it's effective. And nothing burns as clean.

Ben Kim: It feels like we're at the end.
Bobby Axelrod: Nah, the end of the beginning is all, Ben Kim.

Bobby Axelrod: Your problem, as an investor, is that your idealism is at war with your profit drive. And one day that will ruin you.
Taylor Mason: While your problem, as a boss, as a mentor, as a person, is you see my work product, my company, me, as yours to do with as you see fit.
Bobby Axelrod: And so now you've killed your mentor. Congratulations.

Taylor Mason: I think I'm... No, I am sorry. Sorry that it came to this.
Bobby Axelrod: You're sorry? Shit. You'll get over it. The amount of time you spend feeling bad over slitting your enemies' throats will get shorter and shorter in the future until it's barely a fucking blip.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': You're talking about me cooperating against Axe?
Chuck Rhoades: I am. Spare us the time and effort of feigning loyalty. Just shed that dry, flaking skin like the reptile you are and slither away shiny and new.

Bobby Axelrod: That's what I've always been to you. A trophy. The trophy. You can't make anything, build anything, earn anything on your own. So you try to boost yourself up by tearing me down.

Chuck Rhoades: Guys like you... No, you. You've accumulated so much you think laws don't apply to you. And I'm not talking about the laws of man, the ones written down on paper. I'm talking about the immutable laws of the universe. About fairness and right.
Bobby Axelrod: Who says we have to live by those? Maybe we can create our own, if we have the audacity. And who appointed you the keeper of these cosmic rules in the first place? The fucking arrogance!
Chuck Rhoades: On my part? You're the one who just said you created your own system of right and wrong, like some fucking deity.
Bobby Axelrod: I didn't presume to that. I arrived at it.

Chuck Rhoades: A Titan steals fire and gets his liver eaten every day for punishment. Another one picks the wrong side in a war and has to hold the world on his shoulders for all time. A king tells a secret and has to push a rock up a hill for his trouble. Believe it if you will, or look for the metaphor in it, one thing's for sure. We are not very good at being fucking happy, are we?
Bobby Axelrod: Happy... What's that?

Chuck Rhoades: Un-fucking-believable! You actually believe you're innocent. Well, I might not have known until right now just how badly you need to go down.
Bobby Axelrod: Oh, you're gonna learn just how innocent I am when that jury foreman reads it out in open court for the whole fucking world to hear!
Chuck Rhoades: Well, we'll see about that, soon enough.
Bobby Axelrod: Yes. We will.

Taylor Mason: What I told you before about using the hate... it may work for you. But I should never have said it.
Rian: No?
Taylor Mason: No. The advice I should have given you about working here... or anywhere in this business really, if remaining resemblant to the person you are now matters to you at all... is what Agatha the Precog tells Anderton.
Rian: Run.
Taylor Mason: Run.

Orrin Bach: There's no way to say this without it coming off as a bit dramatic... It's time to surrender, Bobby.

Rhoades, Sr.: Oh, shit. You actually have him this time. That's why you're here. This is beyond crowing. You've actually won, haven't you?.. That also means that I backed the wrong gladiator.

Rhoades, Sr.: Bring me my daughter. Leave her with me. I need to tell her a few things... Firstly, your brother may not always be a good man. But he is indeed... a very great man.

Mike Prince: I assure you, I take no pleasure...
Bobby Axelrod: No, no, of course not. That would be indecorous. No, it's fine to set a guy up, lead him to slaughter, but to laugh... that's the line, huh?

Mike Prince: ... Can you do six? Could I? I don't know. The pandemic felt like solitary, and I had cars and planes and five properties to choose from. But every man has to answer that question for himself.

Bobby Axelrod: That's a steep discount you want. Pennies on the fuckin' dollar.
Mike Prince: Guys with sucking chest wounds should save their breath and not try to negotiate. Your billions, they're gone.

Bobby Axelrod: It feels, um... Wow. So this is what it is to lose. Okay.

Bobby Axelrod: So you get it all? My money. My companies. My people. Win, win, win. And me nowhere to be found.
Mike Prince: Yes. That I consider a win.

Chuck Rhoades: Ms. Sacker, Mrs. Gramm, when someone leaves a burning sack of excrement on your doorstep and rings your doorbell, it's best not to stomp it out, lest you get covered in shit.

Bobby Axelrod: I used to think it was a total waste of $60 million...
Hall: The third plane? Of course it's a waste, just like everything in the top right corner of the risk and control matrix. Right up until you need it.

Hall: ..... I'll have things taken care of on the other end long before you land. It's good to be the king.

Chuck Rhoades: It's done! Fall back! But start thinking of the next move, and the move after because done does not mean finished. Not in this case.

Wendy Rhoades: You're talking in generalities, like a... like a politician or something. Talk to me like Axe would.

Bobby Axelrod: If we can't finish it, we can't start it.

Mike Prince: "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Emerson said that. And if every day is such, then even this, yes, this is such a day, too.

Mike Prince: You'll find I don't much speak about things that way, about who gets what, who shined by closing such and such deal, but I think it is important, crucial even, to begin by stating in the most plain terms what this is. And what this is... is mine. Oh, hey, this is Scooter. You may come to think of him as my Wags.
Roger 'Scooter' Dunbar: Better dressed, better mannered. Perhaps not quite as much fun at an all-you-can-eat Vegas buffet or a mud wrestling establishment, which are things of the past, anyway, but still pretty fun.

Roger 'Scooter' Dunbar: Anyone who wants to get wealthy... rich, in your language... can stay, and we can discuss your place in the new organization. Otherwise, now is a good time to leave...

Mike Prince: Well, Chuck, I was never really in your ranks. Never in lockstep. We just had a similar problem for a while.
Chuck Rhoades: Uh-huh. Now, you're my problem. And you know what I do to problems.
Mike Prince: Let 'em fester?
Chuck Rhoades: No. I do what I did to the last guy who sat in that chair. I get rid of them.
Mike Prince: No. I got rid of the guy in the chair. Know how we know this to be true?... 'Cause I'm the one sitting in it.
Chuck Rhoades: Not for long, pal. Not for fucking long.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий