1 окт. 2021 г.

Copenhagen

Billions 5×1


Mike Wagner 'Wags': I spent the last 18 hours in a whirlwind of Mike Prince research-wining, dining, drugging, grooming, levering, horse-trading...
Bobby Axelrod: And the dividend?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Prince keeps himself locked down Fort Knox-style. But one Roger Dunbar, known to you as Scooter, is our way in...

Bobby Axelrod: Nail him to the pyre, douse him with oil, and light his ass up.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Yes. Joan of Arc style. But first... a quick nap.

Wendy Rhoades: Just... if you're not used to it, the money talk from my colleagues can be relentless, shameless, suffocating.
Nico Tanner: Ah. You know, only rich people get embarrassed by money talk. The rest of us get embarrassed because we don't have any money.

Nico Tanner: How much you make?
Wendy Rhoades: Really?
Nico Tanner: Yeah. It'll clarify things.
Wendy Rhoades: My bonus was $9 million last year.
Nico Tanner: Jesus.

Wendy Rhoades: I guess I'm just saying, beware.
Nico Tanner: Yeah, I hear you. It's just that now that I have a little bit of it, that money, I... it's startin' to feel like freedom.

Rian: You're my boss, but not a king. You don't own my time. We have a work relationship. Let's keep it that way. Cool? Kewl. That time I said it with the K and W spelling. Could you hear it?

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Give up Prince.
Roger 'Scooter' Dunbar: Nothin' to give.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': He may be the best at bleaching. But no one gets to 11 figures clean. Go home. Remember the thing. Come tell Axe and me. And your life stays the same. Don't, and you lose everything you hold sacred.

Chuck Rhoades: I didn't like the circumstances you left under.
Merle Howard: Never bad to march with your conscience intact.
Chuck Rhoades: Not sure I agree with that. Conscience can be a little bit like those old nonstick pans. Flakes off under heat. Produces noxious fumes that ruin the whole enterprise.

Chuck Rhoades: The wisdom from down the road. I'm giving you the most valuable thing I have: perspective. You have the chance to live a life of honor. To sleep through the night--
Merle Howard: You know what? I already have a father who sells me his bad choices, his object lessons. You have a day to resign gracefully. After that, I'm blasting the picture out wide.

Chuck Rhoades: Does the election-tampering bother you? Kate Sacker: Nah, I'd have a bigger problem if you weren't in it to win it. Chuck Rhoades: I was on the right side of history, if that matters. Kate Sacker: Yeah, no, not much. Kate Sacker: As you'd say... "Let me work."

Chuck Rhoades: Ah, the things we do for those we love huh?...

Rhoades, Sr.: If the worst comes to pass, Wendy... if I hit the fucking wall and become a full gomer, I need you to be clear-eyed and punch my ticket. Can I count on you?
Wendy Rhoades: Sure, Dad. If it comes to it, I'll put you down.
Rhoades, Sr.: That's a good girl.

Mike Prince: You're trying to put a read on me? Steady hands, no micro-expressions, nothing there. So you can look as long and hard as you want at my life, past or present. There's nothing there for you to chew on.
Bobby Axelrod: You sure? When a man's bluffing, he looks a guy right in the eyes.
Mike Prince: I look people in the eye because I believe in myself. And I like to connect with them.

Mike Prince: ...one of the things I love about the Danes, their warmth. They have the most delightful demeanor and a wonderful word to describe their state of cozy well-being. Hygge. It's the contentment of feeling warm, being warm. Danes are hygge-like. And in the time I will be spending in their midst, I plan to embrace their way of life. While you will remain here... Cold, lonely, self-obsessed, and most assuredly not hygge-like.

Bobby Axelrod: You'll always be my guy, Wags. But don't make me have to get another guy that you report to.

Chuck Rhoades: You know, I always figured I'd keep growing in a real way. That the worst parts of me would recede over time, that I'd be able to will myself forward to the better.
Ira: Oh, instead?
Chuck Rhoades: As 50 looms, you come to see that those sub-optimal parts, the bugs, as it were... They aren't bugs. No. Turns out, they are you.

Bobby Axelrod: This is a strange fucking pep talk, Wend.
Wendy Rhoades: Because I'm not giving you one. Do you know how many sports movies I've watched over the last 20 years? All of them. Wendy Rhoades: So believe me, I know how to do 'em.

Bobby Axelrod: So what do you suggest I do instead?
Wendy Rhoades: Figure out who or what from your past you're still furious at, because that's where it always really comes from, and go hit that. Or finally decide to let it go.
Bobby Axelrod: The past... You're right. It's always the fucking past.

Dean Walker: You did do a good thing. Two, really. Merle Howard has a chance to be a productive member of society. And Yale is now protected from a mentor like you.

Chuck Rhoades: Well, I no longer need it. But I am in the mood to take someone down. Let's do it because it's the right thing to do.
Kate Sacker: Refreshing.
Chuck Rhoades: Old school. Move fast on this.
Kate Sacker: You know it.

Taylor Mason: I'm on the wrong side of our generation. Even just the four years between when Axe put the choice to me, and now...
Rian: No, yeah, you're old. I'm not. But I'm not sitting here like I'm better than you. Fuck. You chose something sturdy and real, and where, like, you could land. I'm still floating. That's what I've been thinking about since we last talked. How I'm caught between.

Rian: I'm gonna ditch the catering company.
Taylor Mason: Good. But I can't let you just go and do it without warning you what else you need to be ready for. What else one gives up to go on the journey.
Rian: Oh, so what else do you give up?
Taylor Mason: Nights, weekends, holidays. Your world will become a series of data sets, line items on a P and L. Everything broken down into basis points. And your victories will not be the money, the thing that anybody can measure, but the stuff they can't begin to appreciate. Looking beyond what's quantifiable, the subtle refinements, the elegance of success.
Rian: I'll quit the catering company. Then buy it. Turn it over to my friends.
Taylor Mason: Nice gesture. They won't appreciate it. But at least you'll know you did a good thing for them. Your real friends, few as they may be, will get it. And the ones that don't, don't have the capacity to be the kind of friend you need.
Rian: So instead of friendship, you have to use work to fill the void?
Taylor Mason: I guess I do.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий