15 окт. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 3×3

Lady Sybil Crawley: Hello, Granny. Isn't it exciting?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: At my age, one must ration one's excitement.

Sir Anthony Strallan: But are you happy about it?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I'm happy Edith is happy. I'm happy you mean to keep her happy. That is quite enough happiness to be going on with.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: This is it. I doubt we'll need more than eight servants tops, so it'll be very economical.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: What about me? Where am I to go?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: We still own most of the village.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh. Perhaps I could open a shop.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Good idea, Granny. What do you think Eryholme needs?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, if it's like everywhere else, good manners and some decent conversation.
Isobel Crawley: Well, there you are, then. You should have a roaring trade in minutes.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I really think you should go to bed. No bride wants to look tired at her wedding. It either means she's anxious or been up to no good.
Lady Edith Crawley: I won't sleep a wink.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Tonight or tomorrow.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Sybil, vulgarity is no substitute for wit.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Well, you started it.

Mrs. Hughes: She was very kind, and I was touched. As you know, I don't worship them all, like you do.
Mr. Carson: I wouldn't put it like that...
Mrs. Hughes: But this time, I freely admit it, I was quite touched.

Lady Edith Crawley: Oh, Mama...
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: You are being tested. And do you know what they say, my darling? Being tested only makes you stronger.
Lady Edith Crawley: I don't think it's working with me.

Daisy Robinson: I never thought I'd feel sorry for an earl's daughter.
Mrs. Patmore: All God's creatures have their troubles.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Carson, I don't want Lady Edith to see any of the wedding food.
Mr. Carson: Mrs. Hughes and Anna are taking what's left down to Mr. Travis tomorrow, m'lady. For the poor.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: If the poor don't want it, you can bring it over to me.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий