2 окт. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 2×7

Sir Richard Carlisle: The train was late.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Welcome to the new world.
Sir Richard Carlisle: When a war is over, the first emotion is relief. The second, disappointment. Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: How sad. But how true.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I nearly came down in a dinner jacket tonight.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Really? Well, why not a dressing gown? Or better still, pyjamas?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: That's why I didn't.
Isobel Crawley: I like the new fashions. Shorter skirts, looser cuts. The old clothes were all very well if one spent the day on a chaise longue, but if one wants to get anything done, the new clothes are much better.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I'll stick to the chaise longue.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Granny, you don't want things to go back to the way they were, surely?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Of course I do, and as quickly as possible.
Lady Sybil Crawley: What about you, Papa?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Before the war, I believed my life had value. I suppose I should like to feel that again.

Mrs. Hughes: But will you be happy there? That's what I want to be sure of.
Mr. Carson: If you're asking whether I'll regret leaving Downton... I will regret it every minute of every day. I thought I would die here... and haunt it ever after.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: You'll all stay for dinner, won't you?
Major Clarkson: I'm afraid I'm not dressed.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Never mind that. Who cares about that? What about you, Mama?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Certainly. All this unbridled joy has given me quite an appetite.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Tell me, how are things progressing at Haxby?
Sir Richard Carlisle: Quite well. I've put in a condition so the builders are fined for every day they go over.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Does that make for a happy atmosphere?
Sir Richard Carlisle: I want it done. They can be happy in their own time.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Why the rush?
Sir Richard Carlisle: I like everything I own to be finished and ready to sell.

Lady Mary Crawley: The truth is, Ethel's made her choice and now she's stuck with it.
Lavinia Swire: That seems a little hard.
Lady Mary Crawley: Does it? Aren't all of us stuck with the choices we make?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Cousin, Matthew? May I come in?
Matthew Crawley: Please.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: .... No doubt you will regard this as rather unorthodox, my pushing into a man's bedroom, uninvited.
Matthew Crawley: Well, erm...
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It's just I don't want us to be disturbed.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Yes, it's all very admirable... and I give her full credit.
Matthew Crawley: And giving her that credit, do you think it would be right for me to throw her over because I can walk? To dismiss her, because I no longer have need of her services?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Spoken like a man of honour. And we will not fall out over this.
Matthew Crawley: But you don't agree.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I would just say one thing: Marriage is a long business. There's no getting out of it for our kind of people. Now you may live 40... 50 years with one of these two women. Just make sure you have selected the right one.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий