11 окт. 2021 г.

The Nest (2020)

Rory O'Hara: They want to vilify deregulation and privatization, but it's gonna show the ordinary person how to expect more, how to want more, how to be their own boss. In America, everyone believes they can be anything. Here, you're supposed to settle for the station you're born into. This country needs to move with the times.
Arthur Davis: And that is why we've brought him in. Ruthless vision for the future.

Arthur Davis: We take the good with the bad when we marry. Although I think that's all changing. People seem to want everything from their husbands and wives, and expect every need to be fulfilled. Maybe that's why there's so much divorce. Too much expectation.
Allison O'Hara: Well, I hope you're wrong. I think people should want it all.
Arthur Davis: Looking closer, you are young enough to still be an idealist, but only just.

Arthur Davis: I've known you a long time you little bastard. So I'm gonna be honest with you. You have a great mind, and endless charm, but you don't pay attention to the detail. I thought you'd changed, but you haven't. Oh, you know how to ride a wave in an up market. Well that doesn't impress. What impresses me, is how you deal with a down market, because that's how you build a successful company. You focus on the one percent at a time. It's boring and it's ugly. But it's the bit of the business I love the most.
Rory O'Hara: There won't be any business, there won't be any company. We'll be finished within a year.
Arthur Davis: And we can have all the information in the world, and still be wrong.

Taxi Driver: Big night then?
Rory O'Hara: No, not really. Just been working too hard.
Taxi Driver: What line of work you in?
Rory O'Hara: ..... I pretend I'm rich.
Taxi Driver: Why do you pretend?
Rory O'Hara: I don't know.

Rory O'Hara: I had a million dollars once. I was living in New York City. I had one million dollars in the bank. I thought it'd just keep coming. I thought that was it, I was rich for the rest of my life. And then, over time it just, it went. Now I have nothing.
Taxi Driver: You have kids?
Rory O'Hara: Yeah I do, two.
Taxi Driver: What are you going on about then? That's all that matters. Everything else is nonsense. It's the only reason we're put on this Earth... Well, that and football.

Taxi Driver: You a good dad?
Rory O'Hara: Yeah, I'm the best. I keep a roof over their head, I give them the best of everything, and I've never laid a hand on them, never would.
Taxi Driver: That's the bare minimum mate, don't pat yourself on the back for that.
Rory O'Hara: Well that's more than I ever fucking had!
Taxi Driver: We have to give our kids more than we had, that's it, that's life. Sort yourself out mate, get a job. Make a wage, you'll be all right.
Rory O'Hara: I want more than that, thanks.
Taxi Driver: What do you want then, mate?
Rory O'Hara: .... I don't actually know. I don't know. I don't fucking know.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий