26 окт. 2021 г.

Take Me to Your Leader

American Horror Story. Double Feature: Death Valley

10×7

Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: No, it's just a little question I have. So why is it I can land 150,000 soldiers in Normandy... But I can't put one lousy ball in one lousy hole? I'd give anything for that answer.

Mamie Eisenhower: One year in office, and you still can't lie to save your life. I suppose I should be proud of you.

Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: And those marks on your body, how did you get those?
Amelia Earhart: Needles.
Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: Needles?
Amelia Earhart: Needles. I don't like needles. I don't trust them, but they insisted. They said that it was important, that it wouldn't hurt, but it did. Sometimes they took my blood; sometimes they... Put things inside me.
Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: Who?... Amelia, who did this to you?
Amelia Earhart: Where am I?

Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: My name is Dwight Eisenhower, and I'm the President of the United States.
Amelia Earhart: You're a liar. Franklin Roosevelt is president. What am I doing here?

Dwight 'Ike' Eisenhower: Whatever it is that you want, I'm sure we can come to an understanding. Reach an agreement. I have the power to do that. I'm the President of the United States. And this world, it's been trying to destroy itself for as long as I can remember, and we don't need any more help, so I'm asking you, stop the killing and just listen to me.
'Maria Wycoff': Mr. President, it is you who will listen to us.

Kendall Carr: Do you feel that? That tension that comes up inside when you think about putting your phones away? It's called "nomophobia", as in "no mobile phone phobia".

Kendall Carr: I joined the Luddite Club at Harvard. I'm cured of the curse of technology... I was taking a class called 50 Years of Technology, all about how the human race has had more technological advances in the last 50 years than in the previous 20,000 combined.

— To a Luddite summer!

Kendall Carr: Alien abductions.
Jamie Howard: Pfft.
Kendall Carr: Don't give me that look. When all reasonable explanations have been eliminated...
Jamie Howard: You decide it's aliens? Hmm? There has to be a rational explanation for this.

Jamie Howard: This is so dumb. Men can't get pregnant!

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий