11 авг. 2019 г.

Bear Witness

The Handmaid's Tale 3×10


June: I don't want rest. I don't want to rest ever again.

Aunt Lydia: Perhaps God will deem this household worthy of a child after all, should he forgive us for taking you away from last month's Ceremony. Happily, we've returned you just in time for the next.
June: I believe that my time of prayer has led me to see my true purpose.
Aunt Lydia: Oh. You are a good girl, Ofjoseph!

Beth: Scones mean no. Welcome home.
June: "Scones mean no"?
Beth: A message from the network. ... When they can't help, they send scones.

Commander Lawrence: What do you know about how much someone can take?
June: ... Everything.

Commander Waterford: A Boston girl. Born and bred. Hardy.

Aunt Lydia: Bearing witness ensures that every member of the family is performing their role. Any deviation could tip the scales to failure.


Commander Lawrence: And when Rachel saw that she bore Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister, and said unto Jacob, "Give me children, or else I die."

Commander Lawrence: We don't have to do anything.
June: Sir... Yes, we do. You helped to create... this world. How long did you think it would be before it came for you?

June: You just treat it like a job. Try to detach yourself. See it from the outside. You're not you. I'm not me. This is a transaction... And then it's over.
Joseph: Are you sure?
June: Mmm-hmm.... It's easier if you close your eyes.

Aunt Lydia: A successful Ceremony. Praise be.

June: At least it wasn't you...

June: The punishment for contraception is being torn apart by dogs.

June: You can get out, too. You just have to bring them something. Something valuable. Kids. The stolen children of Gilead.

Beth: Muffins mean yes.

June: We're gonna need a bigger boat...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий