14 мая 2019 г.

American Champion

Billions 4×9


Wendy Rhoades: I can promise you this: bargaining never won a woman back. But selfless acts have.

Wendy Rhoades: I don't need Chuck Rhoades the lawyer. Or the husband. Or the power bottom. I need Chuck Rhoades the killer.

Wendy Rhoades: Right now I don't... I don't know what I am. I state that freely and without pride. But you are a killer. You... You kill for yourself all the time. So go kill for me.

Chuck Rhoades: Well. This isn't about the smart move. It's about what my father would call: "The future of my dynasty."

Chuck Rhoades: I don't fool myself that I bring any measure of joy to most with whom I daily interact. That's the prosecutor's curse. Like a dentist without the laughing gas.

Do know what we called dentists in medical school? "Little brains." Like in Defending Your Life. The lawyers, we called "little... hearts." Which I now know gave them too much credit.

Bobby Axelrod: First thing: "fire every one of these cocksuckers."
Rebecca Cantu: Hoffa. "You're gonna can a lot of people, make sure you do it on the first day. That way, the ones that are left don't feel insecure, you see. What they feel is grateful." That's a sad view of how people tick.
Bobby Axelrod: But true.

Karl Allerd: Long, industrial hoses, called cakasuckas on job sites, extract the waste from the portajohns into specially treated sanitation trucks...

Bonnie: You are like an over-caffeinated serial killer.

Taylor Mason: Not childish. Child-like. I embrace that part of me. It's the most creative, most engaged part, the part that continues to push the rest of me to grow. ... What's more evocative than the smell of your favorite cereal from when you were a kid.

AG Jeffcoat: State Attorney General Rhoades, what causes you to darken my doorstep?
Chuck Rhoades: Like Moses giving Pharaoh a chance before the plagues were visited upon Egypt, I come to...
AG Jeffcoat: When heathens quoth from the book of the Good, I recoil.
Chuck Rhoades: Still. Heed my word... Don't make Pharaoh's mistake.

Bobby Axelrod: I'm gonna turn my focus ... onto each of your personal holdings. And think about just how I can take them to zero. I'm gonna run you down into the dirt. And I'm gonna smile like the Joker while I do it.

Bobby Axelrod: Believe me, we can't work this guy. No, it's time to punish him.

Bryan Connerty: Next time, I'll want it more.
Dr. Gus: It's not enough to want it more.
Bryan Connerty: I need to want it most?
Dr. Gus: No. You need to sharpen your odachi and slice a hole in the universe between you and where you're going. And if you don't cut down everyone and everything that gets in your way, then they will return and they will cut you to shreds and then they will cover those shreds in bukkake.


Rhoades, Sr.: If he's still playing with it tomorrow, put all of your energies into the girl.

Ben Kim: Maybe it's not my time. Maybe if I wait and keep my head down, I'll be rewarded down the line.
Bonnie: Said every factory worker ever before watching his job disappear, then going home to beat his wife.

Tuk: Why is he our man?
Ben Kim: Because of what they thought about Rambo...
Tuk: He's got PTSD and he's going to tear apart the entire office?
Ben Kim: No, they thought he was expendable. If he gets cut down it's only him we've lost.

Bobby Axelrod: Spyros. I don't like it when you come in here. Especially don't like it when you're smiling.

Sanford Bensinger: The question shouldn't deal with nastiness like nationalism. Some things should remain American owned. Our greatest buildings among them. Which is why I'm buying this one. And why the book is gonna be called "American Champion."

Karl Allerd: Time to stop the motor of the world...

Bryan Connerty: Yes, General. We need to slice a hole in the universe, cut down everyone and everything in our way, or they will return to cut us into shreds and... do some fucked up stuff to those shreds.

Bobby Axelrod: ... But this is not a union shop! There's no limit to what you can earn here. So take responsibility and get back on it right fucking now!

Bobby Axelrod: No, no, no. You stay here, you stay alive and you suffer. I'll deal with you later.

Chuck Rhoades: You play the pass line, you can only win small. Not the game I'm in.

Sanford Bensinger: Guess it takes a narcissistic egomaniac to know one.

Sanford Bensinger: Ms. Cantu, if you can make this fallen man part of something good, you can make us all part of something great.

Lauren: Is that a stopper?
Taylor Mason: The opposite. A structural weakness. This means if I push hard enough it all collapses on both of them.
Sara: And Bensinger, we just quietly retreat?
Taylor Mason: Nope. He just added himself to my fucking list.

Chuck Rhoades: Some things are even more important than marriage.

Chuck Rhoades: When you figure that out... why this matters... maybe you'll become an ally. Or a worthy opponent. Or maybe you'll finally be fully corrupt. But either way, the answer is official and the answer is no.

Bryan Connerty: I don't have the right stuff... Re-make me.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий