3 мая 2019 г.

20th Century Women (2016)

Jamie: My mom was born in 1924. When she was my age people drove in sad cars to sad houses with old phones, no money, or food, or televisions... but the people were real.

Jamie: ... people from her time never admit anything went wrong.

Clerk: I'm sorry. He's too young to have an account in his name only, little guy.
Dorothea: No. He... he's a person. He's not half a person, and he's not some cute little guy. He has volition and autonomy and privacy. He needs a bank account. Can you do that for us?

Dorothea: I just think that, you know, having your heart broken is a tremendous way to learn about the world.

Dorothea: Can't things... just be pretty?
Abbie: "Pretty" music is used to hide how unfair and corrupt society is.
Dorothea: Ah. Okay, so... they're not very good, and they know that, right?
Abbie: Yeah, it's... It's like they got all this, this feeling, and they don't have any skill, and they don't want skill, because it's really interesting what happens when your passion is bigger than the tools you have to deal with it. It creates this energy that's... that's... that's raw. Isn't it great?

Dorothea: My son was born in 1964. He grew up with a meaningless war... with protests, with Nixon... with nice cars and nice houses... computers, drugs, boredom. I know him less every day.

Dorothea: I think history has been tough on men. I mean, they can't be what they were, and they can't figure out what's next.
Abbie: What are we talking about? Men?
Dorothea: I think history and men? I mean who are your heroes nowadays? A bunch of privileged drug addicts?

Julie: I mean don't you need a man to raise a man?
Dorothea: ... No. I don't think so.

Dorothea: Men always feel like they have to fix things for women or they're not doing anything, but some things just can't be fixed. Just be there. Somehow that's hard for all of you...
Jamie: Mom, I'm not "all men." Okay? I'm just me.
Dorothea: Well, yes and no.

Jamie: Don't worry about her. She's... she's from The Depression.


Dorothea: Well how 'bout Maximilian and Carlotta?... You know, they deserve something grand if they're gonna be monogamous their whole lives.

Dorothea: What does that mean?
William: Oh... Um... Uh...
Dorothea: I mean you don't kiss a woman unless you know what you mean by it.

Dorothea: It's 1979. I'm 55 years old. his is what my son believes in. These people... with this hair... and these clothes... making these gestures, making these sounds. .... They don't know this is the end of punk. They don't know that Reagan's coming. It's impossible to imagine that kids will stop dreaming about nuclear war and have nightmares about the weather. It's impossible to imagine HIV, what will happen with skateboard tricks, the internet...

Abbie: You cannot let her sleep here if she's not having sex with you. It's disempowering.

Abbie: Jamie, um, here's some books from a feminism class I took. I thought it would be helpful for you to get a woman's perspective...

Dorothea: So what was the fight about?
Jamie: Clitoral stimulation.

Abbie: The next time a dude tells you a sex story, you just have to agree with everything he says and act like it's right, even if it's not, because they don't wanna be contradicted. They just wanna live in their fantasy lands.

Abbie: Whatever you think your life is going to be like, just know it's not gonna be anything like that.

Abbie: You're not mad?... You're mad...
Dorothea: You get to see him out in the world as a person. I never will.

Dorothea: There's a lot of stuff happening, right? And I just would like to know what's going on with you. I mean, I know this has all been a lot for us to deal with.
Jamie: Mom, I'm dealing with everything right now. You are dealing with nothing.

Abbie: Having a kid seems like... the hardest thing.
Dorothea: Yeah. How much you love the kid... You're just pretty much screwed.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий