2 мая 2019 г.

Infinite Game

Billions 4×7


AG Jeffcoat: Those little flies painted in the basin, they're good targets, aren't they?
Todd Krakow: Indeed.
AG Jeffcoat: Yeah, men need targets. Keep things neat. Sometimes men become targets...

Brian Dana: You'll sit with her as soon as we close. I imagine the moment she sits with you, she'll realize how crucial you are.
Taylor Mason: "Imagine me and you. I do. Happy together." Most folks think that's a love song, but if you listen closely, you'll hear it's about a relationship that never actually happened... The key to unlocking it is that word, "imagine."

Bobby Axelrod: How fast?
Wendy Rhoades: Depends.
Bobby Axelrod: Can you accelerate it?
Wendy Rhoades: How far do you need me to push this?
Bobby Axelrod: All the fucking way.

Bobby Axelrod: I guess we're done looking for standard solutions.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Goody gumdrops. I'll be at the office. Thinking. Planning. Sure, say it... scheming.

Chuck Rhoades: Feature me in a beret and I'll paint you a picture...

Wendy Rhoades: Oh, Chuck, it's spooky when you do that. You sound just like him. Look like him, too... Maybe don't do it again.
Chuck Rhoades: Spooky part's coming...

Chuck Rhoades: .... That's where I come from, Wend. I don't get violent, throw things or cheat. But I can't seem to be normal either. I'm trying though. As hard as I know how.

Douglas Mason: It's exactly what I needed. Enough room to pace. Enough buildings and sky to induce productive ideation...

Wendy Rhoades: Ah. I'm closer in age to them than you are.
Taylor Mason: Yes, but you're not like them at all. If they were here, all they'd notice is what things cost. Argue about it. Instead of noticing how these things might make them feel. How the clean lines and angles make for a calm, ideal environment.

Wendy Rhoades: It's a good thing. Family... But that doesn't mean it'll be easy. Or should be. ... Family creates obligation and stress, distraction, pain, vulnerability. I mean, the hope is that the connection, the shared history, the love matters more.

Rhoades, Sr.: Sonny.
Chuck Rhoades: Hello, Dad. Is this the daily "I love you" call?
Rhoades, Sr.: Son, I have neither time nor inclination to dicker around with protestations of emotion. If you need my words as reassurance of affection...

Rhoades, Sr.: Banks used to be set up by gentlemen, for gentlemen. But a couple of Keatings and Madoffs behave unscrupulously, and now the personal touch, the respect, is gone. Banks have... have become businesses without souls.


"Hard Bob" Beaufort: I've become aware of your tech from my brethren over in the patent office. In fact, they stuck a flag in it and fired it over to me in the old pneumatic tube... Being humorous. We don't use the tubes. They emailed me. Anyhow....

Bobby Axelrod: You think about how to entice a man. What he loves. Of course, it all starts with girls and money. But it gets more complicated from there... Yeah, cars, property, jobs, access to special doctors, schools for their kids, life dreams, goals. You know, sometimes it even gets spiritual... Vatican tours, with the Pope washing their feet, meeting the Dalai Lama, whatever...

Kate Sacker: You know Jewish people have 613 rules... mitzvot... For determining what's kosher in life?
Bryan Connerty: "Hey, what don't you know?"
Kate Sacker: "Innit?"....
Bryan Connerty: Oh, this shit is definitely not kashrut.
Kate Sacker: Oh-hoh.
Bryan Connerty: You're not the only one who lives in the big city.

Douglas Mason: Don't you need me?
Taylor Mason: Yes, and I always have. But the version of you I really need... The one who's a father first... He doesn't exist. 'Cause all he cares about is his own advancement.

Douglas Mason: You people...

Chuck Rhoades: Oh, no, no, no, no. You're not under arrest. No, in the old days they called this a 'rousting.' Now, that's old-fashioned policing, designed to send a message. And where can it go?...

Ari Spyros: Rumble in the Jungle! Thrilla in Manila! Zaire!

Mafee: I used to think you were this idealized version of a person with all the answers and the ability to make each of us the best of who we could be. I trusted you. We all did. Because you charmed, manipulated, worked us to. All with that bullshit Buddha smile... And now I know that what was behind that smile wasn't some serene and wise teacher. Now I know that's what you really are... a goddamned monster.

Bobby Axelrod: Bruno.... I asked what you want.
Bruno: The way I drew it up in my head?... Walk down to a cafe each morning, bright and sunny, have an espresso. Go and do some surf casting, catch some pompano, some snapper. Pack 'em in salt and bake 'em al forno. Eat 'em with a nice vermentino. Hit the track, hit the... hit the links. Definitely roll some bocci. Walk home along the beach at night... Kids come down and visit for the holidays. Maybe... meet a nice widow to share it with.
Bobby Axelrod: Uh-huh.
Bruno: That's it.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий