16 окт. 2013 г.

We Are Everyone

Elementary 2×3

& Joan's friend: You know, as cool as it is, you spend your time chasing thieves and murderers. You live with your business partner. It might be a good idea to carve out some time for... you know, regular stuff.

& Watson: Mueller’s not his real name?
    Sherlock: No Belgian is that bad at backgammon.

& Sherlock: Do you think he has a romantic interest in you? Judging by his writings, you’re exactly his type. You’re bespectacled, you’re lean and yet possessed of an alluring curve of flank.
    Celia: Possessed of...?

& Watson: You made sure to ask her where Ezra is a second time. She leaned back, crossed her arms. When someone who’s not used to lying is forced to repeat it, they resort to defensive posture.

& Watson: Do you think we’re cut off from the world?..
    Sherlock: We’re not cut off from the world. We’re engaged in creating one that’s actually worth living in. One that addresses our needs entirely, and eliminates everything extraneous.

& Sherlock: I’ve lived most of my life with the firm conviction that romantic love is a delusion. It’s a futile hedge against the existential terror that is our own singularity. Then I met someone who calls herself Irene Adler, and that forced me to reexamine those convictions. She, of course, turned out to be a criminal.
    Watson: Never really discussed how that made you feel.
    Sherlock: I feel... liberated. I am, now and forever, post-love. And, as such, I’m free to pursue a life of meaning.


& Watson: You just stole that phone. Why are you nuking it?

& Sherlock: I put Clyde in your bed in an effort to be a more considerate flat mate.

& Sherlock: Before you throw the last tumbler, you might want to pause to consider the beauty of this moment. We’re about to succeed where the combined wits of a dozen or so federal agencies have failed. Remind me again what cloistered, shriveled things our lives are.

& Sherlock: Are governments capable of evil? Yes, of course they are. All institutions are. But they’re more capable of incompetence... That’s good. I should post that.

& Watson: How did I end up agreeing to reading a 5,000-page manuscript?
    Sherlock: Well, you won’t be wasting as much time on the Internet now, will you? So you’re gonna need something to fill up the hours you’ve spent selling yourself to strangers.

& Agent: You seriously think we can’t trace a blog back to an IP address? "44mustdie.com"— sound familiar? It should, because you posted it yesterday. And it’s got the details of four different plans to assassinate the president of this country. That’s a class-D felony.

& Sherlock: Once again, I have no designs on the life of your president. I have no designs on the life of any president. Although I suppose if I lived in the age of Millard Fillmore, I might consider drastic action.

& Watson: It’s 9:00. You didn’t wake me.
    Sherlock: I didn’t need to. We’re quite free until 4:22 this afternoon. I thought a leisurely breakfast might be nice.

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий