10 окт. 2013 г.

Stuck in Love

& Samantha: I never enjoy anything. I’m always waiting for whatever’s next. I think everyone’s like that... living life in fast forward, never stopping to enjoy the moment, too busy trying to rush through everything, so we can get on with what we’re really supposed to be doing with our lives.

& Samantha: I get these flashes of clarity, brilliant clarity, where, for a second, I stop and I think, “Wait, this is it. This is my life. I’d better slow down and enjoy it, because one day, we’re all going to end up in the ground, and that will be it. We’ll be gone.” So I think we should fuck.
    Ryan: Um... what?
    Samantha: Let’s just fast forward through all the drunken seduction bullshit... we have to look forward to. You don’t look like you’d be very good at it anyway, and I don’t want to sit here and listen to you bumblefuck your way through it. ... Samantha: Are you with me?
    Ryan: Is this a trick?
    Samantha: The offer is about to expire.
    Ryan: No, no, I’m in. I’m definitely in.

& Samantha: There are two kinds of people in this world. Hopeless romantics and realists. A realist just sees that face and packs it in with every other pretty girl they’ve ever seen before. The hopeless romantic becomes convinced that God put them on Earth to be with that one person. But there is no God, and life is only as meaningful as you fool yourself into thinking it is. Guys who get laid a lot are realists.

& Samantha: Just avoid love at all costs. That’s my motto.
    Lou: You never been in love?
    Samantha: If love is setting a place at the table for someone who is never coming home, I think I’ll pass.
    Lou: That’s fucking depressing, Sam.

& Rusty: Making students read their poetry assignments in front of the class is a sadistic exercise in public humiliation.

& William: Rusty, a writer is the sum of their experiences. Go get some.


& Samantha: Procreation. You give to the next one down the line. That’s really all we’ve got. Society, government, money, religion, careers, nuclear families, monogamy. These are all just highly creative socially accepted delusions that we impose on reality to try and gain some semblance of control over our lives. It gives us the illusion of choice. It makes us feel a little less like animals.
    — Animals. What do you mean? Like evolution?
    Samantha: Yeah, evolution, exactly.
    — I do not believe in evolution.
    Samantha: There’s 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone, making the amount of stars in the entire universe completely mind-boggling. We are nothing...
    — Yeah. I’m going to go.
    Samantha: Good. All you creationists do is blow chances at getting laid.

& Kate: Wow, this is the biggest book I’ve ever seen.
    Rusty: I know it looks formidable, but honestly, it’s going to be, like, one of the most satisfying reading experiences of your life.
    Kate: Is it scary?
    Rusty: Yeah, sure, but it’s not just a scary book. It’s like Moby Dick. It’s about everything. You’re going to be so wrapped up in it, you’re going to be crying at the end of it.
    Kate: You cried.
    Rusty: Oh, you’ll cry, too, okay?

Elliot Smith — Between The Bars

♪ Drink up baby, stay up all night ♪
♪ With the things you could do you won’t but you might ♪
♪ The potential you’ll be ♪
♪ That you’ll never see ♪
♪ The promises you’ll only make ♪
♪ Drink up with me now ♪
♪ And forget all about the pressure of days ♪
♪ Do what I say and I’ll make you okay ♪

Stephen King: Rusty, this is Stephen King...

& Rusty: I just want to... I just want to tell you how much your books mean to me, but I don’t even... I don’t even want to try. It’s kind of like what you said in the opening of The Body...
    Stephen King: “The most important things are the hardest to say.”

& William: I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone’s heart. I could hear the human noise we sat’ there making. Not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark. And I think that that’s what writing is. It’s listening for that beating heart, and when we hear it, it’s our job to decipher it to the best of our abilities.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий