15 окт. 2013 г.

Alia's College

& Mr. Khan: It’s my day off!
    Mrs. Khan: Day off from what?
    Mr. Khan: I’m a busy community leader, my darling! I’m always on the go. Today I am doing absolutely nothing.

& Mr. Khan: Shazia, we Pakistanis don’t have bridesmaids. In our culture, your bride becomes your maid — your housemaid, chambermaid... teasmaid.

& Mr. Khan: She won’t have done badly! She’s studying at the library till all hours. Sometimes she doesn’t get back till two or three in the morning!.. What does “E” stand for?
    Alia: I think it’s short for excellent.
    Mr. Khan: Vah!

& Mrs. Khan: She got Es?!
    Alia: No, only one E.
    Mrs. Khan: Oh, thank God!
    Mr. Khan: The rest are "U"s. What’s that? Unbelievably good?


& Mr. Khan: Where’s Dave?
    Omar: He’s not here. It’s an inset day.
    Mr. Khan: What’s that? Gingerspeak for skiving?

& Omar: You could try somewhere that does scholarships.
    Mr. Khan: No, no, no! We are Muslims! I’m not sending my daughter to an over-priced, snooty-snotty, hoity-toity Hogwarts school for English peoples.

& Alia: Are we pretending to be Catholic?
    Mr. Khan: Of course not! We’re just showing that we can fit in.

& Professor Stevens: Hello, hello! I’m sorry to keep you waiting.
    Mr. Khan: Asalaa...la la la la... hallelujah!

& Mr. Khan: We’re Muslims. We’re a very devout Muslim family, aren’t we, Alia?
    Alia: Mary.
    Mr. Khan: Her real name’s Alia. We call her Mary for short.

& Professor Stevens: Well, I’m must say, I’ve always been fascinated by Muslim sects.
    Mr. Khan: .... What?!
    Professor Stevens: I’m very interested in Muslim sects.
    Mr. Khan: Are you?
    Professor Stevens: Oh, yes. It’s an extremely exciting subject.
    Mr. Khan: What about you? How do you fit in?
    Professor Stevens: .... How do I fit in where? Well, with all the sects. Would you say you were fairly orthodox?
    Mr. Khan: Well, quite orthodox. Bedroom mostly... and occasionally we try something different.

& Professor Stevens: They’re not OhTwaddis? They’re a different sect, are they?
    Mr. Khan: Oh, “sect”! I see what you mean.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий