27 февр. 2020 г.

The Good Liar (2019)

Betty McLeish: So, tell me, have you done this a lot?
Roy Courtnay: Met people on the computer service? Yes. I have.
Betty McLeish: Don't you find it's always the same?
Roy Courtnay: You mean the anticipation followed by the letdown?

Bryn: See, all this money you're gonna make, what's Putin's cut?

Betty McLeish: The past becomes more tangible when one experiences the environments in which they occurred.
Roy Courtnay: I never was one for history. I mean, what is the point in looking back? What's done is done, and you won't undo it.
Betty McLeish: You may begin to understand it, though.

Vincent: People don't like to talk about money. It's a taboo subject, but it's so important.
Betty McLeish: True. Like sex. Or going to the lavatory. Critically important, but not a subject for polite conversation.

Roy Courtnay: It's not a swollen knee that's keeping me here now. We've developed an intimacy, closeness.
Betty McLeish: We're close enough that I clean your toilet. And you do miss on occasion.
Roy Courtnay: I apologize. I shall attempt to make true my aim.

Roy Courtnay: It's this place. There's so much history. Everything is built on a heroic scale that makes you feel powerless and...

Betty McLeish: What are we drinking to?
Roy Courtnay: What we must always drink to, the future.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий