25 февр. 2020 г.

The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012)

Elise Vandevelde: Why do you play the banjo?
Didier Bontinck: I'm too stupid to play the guitar and too dumb to play the mandolin... No, no. I used to be a punk rocker and a banjo sort of snarls, which reminds me of punk rock.

Didier Bontinck: Dirt-poor fortune-hunters from all over the world were there on the Appalachians, on that slate that was bloody difficult to mine. The Spaniard had a guitar, the Italian a mandolin, the Jew a violin and the African a banjar, from which the banjo is descended. To combat the hunger and the misery, they started singing songs about their dreams of a promised land, often about their fear of dying, their hope for a better life in the hereafter and their sorrow, their hard life.

Didier Bontinck: Maybe I don't want to make decisions about someone else's life.

Didier Bontinck: What could possibly be worth putting on your body and never be removed? Don't you regret any of your tattoos?
Elise Vandevelde: Of course I do. But it's not a problem. If you no longer like one, you put another one on top.

Didier Bontinck: Elvis is a pansy! The greatest musician in the whole world is Bill Monroe.
Elise Vandevelde: Who?
Didier Bontinck: Bill Monroe. Bill Monroe!
Elise Vandevelde: Never heard of him.
Didier Bontinck: The father of bluegrass music.
Elise Vandevelde: Bluegrass... Something to do with country music?
Didier Bontinck: It's country music at its most pure. A violin, an upright bass, a mandolin, a guitar and a banjo. Just strings, purely acoustic. And voices. It's absolutely sublime.

Didier Bontinck: Hey, Alabama... May I ask you something? Who am I? If you're Alabama, who am I?
Alabama: Monroe.

Alabama: If I want to believe that Maybelle is a star up in the sky, I will. If I want to believe she's a bird that perches on our window sill, or a butterfly that sits on my shoulder or a bloody frog that...

Alabama: I knew. In fact, I've always known. That it was too wonderful to be true. That it couldn't last. That life isn't like that, life isn't generous. You mustn't love someone, you mustn't become attached to someone, life begrudges you that. It takes everything away from you and laughs in your face. It betrays you.

Didier Bontinck: Goodbye, sweetheart. Will you... Will you say hello to Maybelle for me if you see her?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий