5 февр. 2020 г.

Dark Uncle

The Outsider 1x3


Det. Ralph Anderson: So, what is it?
Yunis Sablo: Well, they're still testing.

Howard: How about sending Holly Gibney?
Alec Pelley: Holly Gibney...

Alec Pelley: Well... as an individual, she's... She's what I would call "unique."

Det. Ralph Anderson: Oldest trick in the book.... So, you have a bad actor with you in the box, right? And he thinks he's finished answering all your questions, all you gotta do is sit there. Say nothing. Before you know it, he gets nervous, starts talking and then you got him, because you got him going past his rehearsed answers. So...

Holly Gibney: Insvekataj! It... It means, uh, "For your health" in Lithuanian... And then you say, "Insvekataj!"

Holly Gibney: I have to say all these contradicting eyewits, videos and forensics, sounds like your man has, uh, a doppelgänger... From the German, uh, "double goer."

Holly Gibney: Not a twin. No, no, sir. Um... a non-biological double. The Egyptians call it a "Ka," the Norwegians a "Vardoger," the Finns an "Etainen," the Swiss a "Dark Uncle"...
Alec Pelley: She likes history.
Holly Gibney: My particular favorite is... "Fetch," uh, from the Old Irish. Find that word quite fetching, don't you?


Det. Ralph Anderson: You said, "if" it's a myth.
Holly Gibney: Yes, I did. Mm.
Det. Ralph Anderson: Because I have no, um... tolerance for the unexplainable.
Holly Gibney: Well then, sir... you'll have no tolerance for me.

Holly Gibney: I can tell you what day May 1st lands on 204 years from now faster than any computer on Earth. I can look at a skyscraper for two seconds from a speeding car and tell you within six inches how tall that building is. And I can not only recite the lyrics of every rock and roll song written from 1954 to the present day, but I can tell you which Billboard chart position they were in week to week until it fell off completely, but you know what? I don't listen to music, because I don't like it. Heights make me throw up. And if you ask me what date it is today, I have to look at a calendar.

Howard: So how did you find Holly Gibney?
Det. Ralph Anderson: Um... I found her unique.
Howard: "Unique," he says. She's a full-tilt bull goose loony... but she's damn good at what she does. You'll see.

Jessa: He doesn't make me scared, he makes me angry. I think you're the one who's supposed to be scared.

Glory: How do you live with it, Jeannie?... I really need to know.
Jeannie Anderson: Well, yeah, it's impossible.

Holly Gibney: It's just... sometimes... every once in a while, I like to hear the voice of someone who's on my side.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий