6 февр. 2020 г.

Kind of Bleu

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 3×6


Abe: Done with breakfast? Why would we ever be done with breakfast? I'll be done with breakfast when I'm starting lunch.

Midge: I slept on a lounge chair for you two.
Rose: What does that mean?
Abe: That's jazz slang. "Slept on a lounge chair". Like, "Hey, man, it's cool. I slept on a lounge chair for you".

Rose: I don't have anything to wear to meet Shy Baldwin.

Midge: We have to go to the Catskills. I've gone every year of my life. Our identity as a family depends on showing up. What will people think?

Bernie Zucker: The investors are here... They came to see a full run-through of the showand they expect to be wowed... Wowed in a good way, not in a "Wow, we gave you all that money for this?" way. That "this" was in a horrified tone. Did you get that?
Susie: Bernie, shut up, she's fine. I promise, you will not have to blow these guys for money again.

Susie: Just spread the word. Sophie Lennon can act, and it's gonna work!

Susie: Listen, I can't thank you guys enough.
Frank: You can, actually, and will, eventually.

Susie: Well, thanks again, boys. You've saved my life.
Frank: No problem, Susie. Break a leg.
Nicky: Or call us, we'll do it for you.
Susie: You guys kill me.
Frank: One day.

Shy Baldwin: What about you, Mrs. Maisel? Are you actually a Mrs. Maisel?
Midge: Yes, and no, and yes again, though, eventually, no.
Shy Baldwin: I've had a lot of champagne. Translate, please.

Shy Baldwin: You still love him?
Midge: Oh, now, Shy, you never ask a girl "How old are you?" or "How much do you weigh?" or "Do you love your ex-husband?"

Sophie Lennon: Susie?
Susie: Yes, Sophie?
Sophie Lennon: My Jell-O was disappointing.
Susie: Okay, Sophie, you have to take a deep breath. Now listen to me very closely... This is what you wanted, to be on Broadway and prove you are a serious actress. This is what you came to me for. So now you have to take the cork out of your ass, you have to open your fucking ears, swallow the disappointing Jell-O, and go out there and do the work. You show those assholes you are right and they are wrong, and then you can go to the Tonys and completely forget to thank me in your acceptance speech.
Sophie Lennon: I will forget to thank you.


Susie: Look, Gavin, her craziness, if that's what you call it...
Gavin Hawk: It is exactly what I call it.
Susie: Her craziness is also her brilliance, and her brilliance manifests itself in craziness. And the real problem here is that her brilliance mixed with your brilliance, well, it's almost too much brilliance for one production! Almost. But there is an even bigger chance that the brilliance of you causing the brilliance of her will stun New York audiences, bringing them to their knees, and make your performance one of those performances people talk about forever, like Gielgud's Hamlet.

Susie: Keep calm and carry on, pal.

Susie: I don't like you on a boat... Boats sink... They get torpedoed. They hit icebergs. No boats. No bikes. I don't want you riding on or in anything. Just sit quietly and read a Bible, and no New Testament.

Midge: 1960. An interesting time to be a woman...

Midge: So, 1960. Change is coming. And I believe that someday a next-generation suffragette will wear pink and ride horses, and an unmarried woman will take the pill so she can have as much sex as she wants and not get pregnant, and a married woman will just have a headache and call it a night!

Abe: I'm a city dweller. So images in the ocean all come from monster movies. Squid from outer space with lasers for eyes. Godzilla and Nazi U-boats... Oh, yes, I am particularly gullible.

Abe: You know, I always had a hard time picturing you here.
Asher: Why?
Abe: You're so New York. A man of the city.
Asher: I wouldn't survive in that city for five minutes now. Look at what I have here: sun, surf, freedom! I open when I want; I close when I want. I haven't put on socks in weeks, and every night there's a beautiful sunset, and I never miss it. It's paradise.

Asher: I gave the theater all I have, and it sent me away... I was one of the most successful playwrights on Broadway. Every one of my shows made money. I won the Pulitzer Prize. The critics hailed me as the American Chekhov. And then one schmuck calls me a communist, and poof, over! My friends... gone. My agent, my producer... gone. 20 years to build a life; two months to watch it go.

Midge: If there's one thing a Jewish girl knows, it's when to see a doctor.

Shy Baldwin: I can't go to your hotel.
Midge: What do you mean, my hotel?
Shy Baldwin: This is Florida. We don't stay in your hotels. In Florida, we stay in Overtown.

Midge: Hold still. I will fix you up.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий