29 июн. 2019 г.

The Favourite (2018)

Lady Sarah: I love you, but that I will not do.
Queen Anne: If you love me...
Lady Sarah: Love has limits.
Queen Anne: It should not.

Abigail: This mud stinks.
Sally: They shit in the streets round here. "Political commentary," they call it.

Lady Sarah: Let's shoot something!

Abigail: Can I ask you something?
Lady Sarah: As long as you are aware that I have a gun.
Abigail: You fought hard for this war and your husband is at the front of it. His life is at risk. How can you do that? ..... If he dies?
Lady Sarah: Did you not sacrifice your cunt to fatty German to save your father?
Abigail: Yes.
Lady Sarah: There's always a price to pay.

Queen Anne: I lost some 17 children... Some were born as blood, some without breath... and some were with me for a very brief time.... Today is Hildebrand's day.
Abigail: The day you lost him...
Queen Anne: Yes. Each one that dies, a little bit of you goes with them.


Abigail: Have you come to seduce me or rape me?
Masham: I am a gentleman.
Abigail: So rape, then.

Abigail: It's good for you. The doctor says it'll leach the toxins.
Queen Anne: What if I should fall asleep and slip under?
Abigail: Just imagine it's hot chocolate.
Queen Anne: Oh, then I shall die happy.

Abigail: My life is like a maze I continually think I have gotten out of, only to find another corner right in front of me.

Lady Sarah: How goes the kingdom?

Lady Sarah: Oh, dear. The servant is dressed in the clothes of a lady. How... whimsical.

Queen Anne: I wish you could love me as she does.
Lady Sarah: You wish me to lie to you? Oh. "You look like a... a... an angel fell from heaven, Your Majesty." No. Sometimes, you look like a badger. And you can rely on me to tell you.
Queen Anne: Why?
Lady Sarah: Because I will not lie! That is love!

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

+ All About Eve (1950)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий