21 июн. 2019 г.

The Pianist (2002)

Wladyslaw Szpilman: Look. If I'm going to die, I prefer to die in my own home, staying put.

Wladyslaw Szpilman: You're a musician?
Dorota: Yes. But only just.
Wladyslaw Szpilman: What instrument?
Dorota: The cello.
Wladyslaw Szpilman: I love to see women playing the cello.

Dorota: We can walk in the park...
Wladyslaw Szpilman: No, we can't. Official decree. No Jews allowed in the park.
Dorota: My God. Are you joking?
Wladyslaw Szpilman: I'm not joking, it's true. We could sit in a bench, but "no Jews allowed on public benches".
Dorota: This is absurd.
Wladyslaw Szpilman: We can just stand here and talk. I think we're allowed to do that.

Father: Look here. "Jews living outside of the prescribed area..." will have to move to the Jewish district by 31 of October, 1940."
Wladyslaw Szpilman: They won't get all of us. It's too small. There's 400 thousand of us in Warsaw.
Henryk: No, 360 thousand. So it will be easy.

Dorota: This is disgraceful.
Wladyslaw Szpilman: It won't last long. Don't worry.
Dorota: That's what I said myself. It's too absurd.

Majorek: It's easy to get out. It's how you'll survive on the other side that's hard.


Janina Godlewska: No-one thought they'd hold out so long...

Janina Godlewska: It's over now. Just be proud of them. My God, did they put up a fight!
Wladyslaw Szpilman: Yes. So did the Germans.
Janina Godlewska: They are in shock! They didn't expect it. Nobody expected it. Jews fighting back. Who would have thought?
Wladyslaw Szpilman: What good did it do?
Janina Godlewska: What good? Wladek, I'm surprised with you. They died with dignity. And you know something else? Now the Wladyslaw Szpilman: Poles will rise. We are ready. We'll fight too.

Wladyslaw Szpilman: Here. Sell this. Food is more important than time.

Wladyslaw Szpilman: I am... I was a pianist.

Wladyslaw Szpilman: Please. What does it mean, all that shooting?
Captain Hosenfeld: The Russians, on the other side of the river. You just have to hold on a couple of weeks, not more.

Captain Hosenfeld: What are you going to do when this is over?
Wladyslaw Szpilman: I'll play piano again at the Polish radio station.
Captain Hosenfeld: Tell me your name. Maybe I'll listen to you playing...
Wladyslaw Szpilman: Szpilman.
Captain Hosenfeld: Perfect name for a pianist.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий