21 июн. 2019 г.

What Have They Done?

Big Little Lies 2×1


Mary Louise: Hey! Quiet!... Fine young men don't suddenly become fine young men all of sudden in a whoosh, you know. It starts with being fine young boys. And part of being a fine young boy is listening and respecting your mother. She works so hard for you. That's why the sun shines on her so.

Madeline: Ed, this is the first day of school. We have to earn our good-mom badges all over again. ...we all get judged all over again. It's a complete double standard 'cause if a dad shows up, they're like, "Wow, there's a dad here. He's involved". But with the moms... it just makes me wanna blow. Boom!

Mary Louise: How have you been?
Madeline: Good, good. The kids are good.

Madeline: How are you?
Mary Louise: I can't complain... Actually, I can. My son is dead.

Mary Louise: You're very short.
Madeline: Excuse me?
Mary Louise: I don't mean it in a negative way.
Madeline: Oh.
Mary Louise: Maybe I do. I find little people to be untrustworthy. My apologies.

Mary Louise: You know, you seem like a nice person. Loving. But also, you strike me as a wanter.
Madeline: A... A wanter?
Mary Louise: Mm. You know... there are people in... in life who content themselves with what they have, and then there are others who just... just want.
Madeline: I'm not a wanter.
Mary Louise: Oh, you don't have to take it personally. Anyway, I'm a wanter myself. You know what I want? I want Perry back.


Mary Louise: Madeline and I were just... talking.

Madeline: ...you're still grieving, and that you've been through a tremendous amount of heartbreak, but I don't care for the way you spoke to me before. It was rude, and I didn't deserve it.
Mary Louise: No, you didn't. Um, I apologize.
Madeline: Well, thank you.
Mary Louise: The truth is, it had nothing to do with you. When I was in boarding school, I had... I had a best friend, or so I thought, who revealed herself to be quite treacherous, and, uh, caused me a lot of pain. So... she was just an itty-bitty little thing with a big, bubbly personality that, um... was designed to hide... that she was utterly vapid inside. You remind me so much of her that I suppose I punish you for that. That's wrong of me, and I apologize.

Corey: The way people talk in this town, I don't need to tell you.
Jane: You don't need to tell me? What does that mean?
Corey: You're one of the Monterey Five, right?
Jane: Monterey Five?
Corey: You were there the night the guy fell.

Mary Louise: What, my grief is too loud for you? Oh, Celeste... We should scream! We should scream and beat our breasts and... and tear our hair! Don't you feel angry?!

Mary Louise: So... who are we planning to kill?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий