12 июн. 2019 г.

Saturday Night Fever (1977)

Tony Manero: Hey, Mr. Fusco, can I get an advance?
Fusco: Payday's Monday.
Tony Manero: I know payday is Monday, but every place else is Friday or Saturday.
Fusco: And they're broke on Monday. Boozing, whoring... Pissing away their money all weekend. This way, you're paid on a Monday, you got money all week.

Fusco: You can save a little, build a future.
Tony Manero: Oh fuck the future!
Fusco: No, Tony! You can't fuck the future. The future fucks you! It catches up with you and it fucks you if you ain't planned for it?
Tony Manero: Look, tonight is the future, and I am planning for it! There's this shirt I gotta buy, a beautiful shirt.

Tony Manero: How come every day it's the same thing? I come home, you tell me I'm late for dinner when you know that I gotta work till 6:00 and I can't make dinner on time.

Tony Manero: Well, I mean, I could dance with you, but, you know, you're not my dream girl or nothing like that.
Annette: You want a dream girl? Well, then go to sleep and have a nightmare.

Tony Manero: She can dance, you know that? She got the wrong partner, of course, but she can dance.

Frank Sr.: You know what $4.00 buys today? It don't even buy $3.00.

Tony Manero: Know what's weird? Like, I always felt like I was the shit of the family, and you was always, like, perfect...
Frank Jr.: Now that I'm the disgrace to the family, I'm not so perfect anymore. So, maybe you're not shit anymore.
Tony Manero: Yeah, maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad, you know?


Tony Manero: Hey, you know, Bay Ridge ain't the worst part of Brooklyn. You know what I'm talking? I mean, you know, it ain't like a hellhole or nothing.
Stephanie: Yeah, well, it ain't Manhattan. It isn't Manhattan. You got no idea how it changes, you know. Just right over there, right across the river, everything is different, completely different. It's beautiful, just beautiful. The people are beautiful, offices are beautiful. The secretaries, you know, they all shop at Bonwit Teller.
Tony Manero: Oh, yeah?
Stephanie: And, like, the lunch hours are beautiful, too. Like, you know, they'll give you, like, two hours for lunch to do something that's related.
Tony Manero: Oh, yeah?
Stephanie: Like we've seen Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet... Romeo and Juliet, yeah?
Tony Manero: I read that in high school. That's... That's Shakespeare, right?
Stephanie: No, it's Zeffirelli, the director of the movie. You know, the movie? Film.

Tony Manero: You see, dancing, it can't last forever. It's a short-lived kind of thing. But I'm getting older, you know. You know, I feel like... I feel like, you know, so what, I'm getting older. Does that mean, like, I can't feel that way about nothing left in my life? You know? Is that it?

Tony Manero: Maybe I could walk you the rest of the way. Let me do that.
Stephanie: Nope..... You shouldn't have asked. You should have just done it.

Tony Manero: There's ways of killing yourself without killing yourself.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий