5 окт. 2018 г.

What We Owe to Each Other

The Good Place 1×6


Chidi: Actually, the answer is...
Eleanor: Right here in this easily understandable comic strip.
Chidi: Nope, in this book about the theory of contractualism--
Eleanor: "What We Owe to Each Other." I saw this movie.

Chidi: Quick summary of contractualism. Uh, imagine a group of reasonable people are coming up with the rules for a new society.
Eleanor: Like if your Uber driver talks to you, the ride should be free?
Chidi: Sure, but anyone can veto any rule that they think is unfair. So if you said, "We should be able to break our promises without any repercussions," someone would veto that rule.
Eleanor: Well, my first rule would be that no one can veto my rules.
Chidi: Well, that's called tyranny. And it's generally frowned upon.

Chidi: If you make a promise to someone, you should do it.

Tahani: Um, soul mate... an idea. Our neighborhood now features a spa, and it offers couples packages. And I thought maybe we could get facials and do yoga and talk in long, discursive sentences. What do you say?
Jianyu: Signs point to 'yes.'

Michael: Aren't paper clips the most amazing things in the world?

Eleanor: What is it with you and frozen yogurt? Have you not heard of ice cream?
Michael: Oh, sure, but I've come to really like frozen yogurt. There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little so you can have more of it. That is very human.

Michael: Oh, man! I didn't even want that thing. Why am I trying to win it?
Eleanor: Because the machine says it's a prize.

Tahani: And do you like France as much as I do?
Chidi: Well, they enslaved my country for 300 years. So no. But they have great museums.

Eleanor: Honestly, I don't know how I can help you, 'cause I'm just a person and you're, like, this super magical Orville Redenbacher type guy who invented this entire universe, but I'll do my best.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий