6 окт. 2018 г.

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016)

Shroom: Yeah, the Hindus were onto something, Billy. Ours is what they called "the karma of action." The way of the warrior.
Billy: Sorry fucking excuse for a warrior I'm turning out to be.
Shroom: Only if you keep asking why. Like, "Why must I always take point on patrol?" Or, "Why must I kill?" Always wanting answers? That's just desire, bro. And that shit'll trap you inside of yourself. And believe me, you don't want to be there, especially when you're out here.

Billy: What if I desire not to get killed?
Shroom: Well, it's useless to worry about it. If a bullet's gonna get you, it's already been fired.

Shroom: Look, Billy, it doesn't have to be about God or country. Just find something bigger than yourself.

Billy: It is sort of weird being honored for the worst day of your life.

Dime: Sir, you see these men? I don't know how they were before the Army got them, but you give them a weapon system and a couple Red Bulls and they'll blast the hell out of anything that moves. Ain't that right, Bravo?.. See what I mean, sir? They're killers. They're having the time of their lives. So if your company wants to frack the living shit out of the Barnett Shale, that's fine, that's your prerogative, but don't go doing it on our account. You got your business, sir, and we got ours. You just keep on drillin', sir, and we'll keep on killin'.

Kathryn: You doing okay?
Billy: We're there. We just try to get through the day in one piece.


Norm: Your story, Billy... You got to understand, it no longer belongs to you. It's America's story now. That's what this country's built on. You take this great state of Texas, cattle, land, oil. Those things made us rich. But what made us Texas is the story of some local boys that made a valiant stand at the Alamo. And so it is with this war, Billy. It's all about ideas. Your battle foreshadows America's triumph over the forces of terror. Bravo is us.

Billy: He's wrong, Sergeant.
Norm: Who's wrong?
Billy: You are, Mr. Oglesby, sir. What I did, what we did, isn't just some story or idea. It's our lives. You've got no clue what it means. You just... You want to turn it into something it's not. We wouldn't cut a deal with you even if you weren't such a tightwad. I mean, Hajji has more respect for us than you do. Sometimes nothing is better than something. And about the Alamo? Mexico kicked Texas' ass. All due respect, sir.

Kathryn: Trashing another country's easy. Standing up to your own... That would take a real hero.
Billy: It's not fair, Kat. It's not fair.
Kathryn: Nothing's fair.
Billy: I'm not a hero, Kat. I'm a soldier. That's what Shroom taught me. That's where I belong. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not wrong, either. It just is. I just wish there was some goddamn way I could make you proud of me.

Billy: I've been thinking these past two weeks that I know something. Something that civilians don't know, but you know what? They're the ones running this show. I mean, I've lived the damn war, but it's still their war. Isn't it? Their movie.

Shroom: We're a nation of children, Billy. We go somewhere else to grow up, sometimes die. It's your time to step up.

Shroom: Remember, the bullet's already been fired.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий