25 окт. 2018 г.

A Crisis of Faith and Octopus Aliens

Young Sheldon 2×3


Sheldon: When you said God gave his son to the world, did you mean Earth or the universe?

Sheldon: What if an octopus Adam and Eve brought sin to their world? Would they be saved by a human Jesus or an octopus Jesus?

Mary: That's your fault for having a hangover.
George: Or it's God's fault for putting Sunday morning after Saturday night.

Pastor Jeff: Oh, and tell Sheldon I spoke to my seminary professor, and the official ruling is: God would appear to the octopus aliens in octopus alien form and save their eight-legged souls. Praise Jesus!

Mary: How could that possibly be true? How could a better place be anywhere than at home safe with her family?

Missy: Chocolate chips for breakfast and pizza for dinner? I'm loving Dad.


Sheldon: Can I help? Maybe I could provide a fresh perspective.
Mary: I don't think so, baby.
Sheldon: ... Did you know that if gravity were slightly more powerful, the universe would collapse into a ball?
Mary: I did not.
Sheldon: Also, if gravity were slightly less powerful, the universe would fly apart and there would be no stars or planets.
Mary: Where you going with this, Sheldon?
Sheldon: It's just that gravity is precisely as strong as it needs to be. And if the ratio of the electromagnetic force to the strong force wasn't one percent, life wouldn't exist. What are the odds that would happen all by itself?
Mary: Why are you trying to convince me to believe in God? You don't believe in God.
Sheldon: I don't, but the precision of the universe at least makes it logical to conclude there's a creator.

Sheldon: Well, there are 5 billion people on this planet and you're the perfect mom for me. What are the odds of that?

Adult Sheldon: I don't like sharing credit, but I knew in that moment it wasn't the appropriate time to say it.

Pastor Jeff: ...And Jacob said: "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Sheldon: Is this an appropriate time to mention that John 1:18 says, "No man hath seen God at any time." Who's right? Jacob or John?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий