16 окт. 2018 г.

Proximity

Mr. Mercedes 2x6


Brady: Let's think about that. If, while asleep, the machinations of the mind are complex enough for you to be having a dream within a dream, all the while factoring actual conscious obsessions, is it any wonder the line between reality and fantasy sometimes gets a little blurred?

Brady: It doesn't make much scientific sense for me to be able to control the actions of other beings from my hospital bed, does it, Kermie-Wormie? That would make me rather Godlike and you a pretty dumb shit to be picking a fight with the almighty.

Ida: You know it's rude to turn away when someone's talking to you, right? Especially when that someone is me.

Ida: Here's my question... How fucked up do you want to be?

Holly: So, I looked up the message that the dog killer left. It's "occupandi temporis." It's "seize the moment." Um, some people use it interchangeably with "carpe temporis," but others use "occupandi" specifically because "occupandi" means more to occupy, to inhabit.
Bill: So you think Brady's inhabiting people? You're worse than me.

Babineau: All right, listen to me, Brady. We are both on the same side, okay? I'm your "get out of vegetative state free" card.

Montez: I believe in God. You know, like heaven and shit. I figure when someone dies, you can still connect with them. I still talk to my mother. I know she can hear me. But with a dog... it's all about, like, the eye contact and the touch. When a dog is gone, I don't know, it's like the most gone there is.
Bill: Yeah, that's why I got a tortoise. You know, figures to outlive me, so I don't have to concern myself with talking to him in heaven or any of that.
Montez: What do you mean, like a turtle?
Bill: I mean like a tortoise. I don't care for turtles.

Montez: Who'd be so depraved to stab an innocent dog?!
Bill: Another reason for the tortoise. Yeah, they got the hard shell...

Holly: An acquaintance? What acquaintance? Like, a "none of my business" acquaintance or a work-related acquaintance?
Bill: Jesus balls! Are we married now?
Holly: Oh, "Jesus balls" yourself. Your vulgarity doesn't work on me anymore.

Lou: You know what they say, that nobody's really gone, right, even after they die? That, like, they live on in the people that they leave behind.


Cora: Do you know what the most terrifying thing in the world is?... Success.

Bill: So the official line to anyone who tells me I'm mad is that I'm gonna ride the madness out just a little bit longer before I start flirting with ways to get rid of it.

Jerome: There's a world that nobody talks about, a world that lives under the surface of what we say is the world, you know?
The fuck you talking about?
Jerome: This world, i-it's the blood, the oxygen, the air, you know, the lower G.I. system, the things we can't see, but it's actually really keeping us alive.

Jerome: Harvard's lies and... and whole subtext language, that's the complete opposite of what's leaving people's mouths... It's actually fucking designer labels and $100,000 cars and people calling me "bro" and "homey" and "yo" just 'cause they swear that they're cool or they're on some sort of hipster-friendly wave or... or this whole post-modern meta-pseudo "I'm not really racist but I'm actually fucking racist." It's fucking... It sucks. It really sucks.
Bill: ... You lost me at subtext.
Jerome: It's just cold and empty.

Holly: If there's one thing I learned from my mother, the hardest thing about parenting is knowing when not to.
Bill: The fuck does that mean?

Bill: You know, modesty, I admire. False modesty, not so much.

Cora: I wish that we could help you...
Bill: You need to wish harder.

Cora: I know a man on a mission when I see one, and I do not want to be that man's mission.

Bill: Olly olly oxen free. That's what we used to say as kids when we were playing hide-and-seek, trying to get people to come out. Olly olly oxen free. Come on out, Brady.

Bill: I don't know if it's a... it's a life, but it's a start.
Ida: It's a start.
Bill: There's no sex in it for ya.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий