8 окт. 2018 г.

Heat (1995)

Sgt. Drucker: You recognize the MO?
Vincent Hanna: M.O.? Is that they're good... Once it escalated into a murder one beef for all of 'em after they killed the first two guards, they didn't hesitate. Pop guard number three because... what difference does it make? Why leave a living witness? Drop of a hat these guys will rock and roll...

Vincent Hanna: I got three dead bodies on a sidewalk off Venice Boulevard, Justine. I'm sorry... if the goddamn chicken... got overcooked.

Eady: Traveling makes you lonely?
Neil McCauley: I... I'm alone. I am not lonely.

Neil McCauley: Remember Jimmy MacAwain on the yard used to say: You wanna be making moves on the street? Have no attachments. Allow nothing to be in your life... that you cannot walk out on in 30 seconds flat... if you spot the heat around the corner. Remember that?

Chris Shiherlis: For me, the sun rises and sets with her, man.

Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone...
Roger Van Zant: I don't understand.
Neil McCauley: ...because there is a dead man on the other end of this fucking line.

Vincent Hanna: When these guys walk out the door of whatever score they're gonna take next... they're gonna have the surprise of a lifetime.

Vincent Hanna: I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it, because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge. Where I gotta be.

Justine Hanna: You don't live with me. You live among the remains of dead people. You read the terrain. You search for signs of passing... for the scent of your prey... and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through.

Vincent Hanna: I don't know how to do anything else.
Neil McCauley: Neither do I.
Vincent Hanna: I don't much want to either.
Neil McCauley: Neither do I.

Vincent Hanna: You know, we're sitting here... you and I, like a couple of regular fellows. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face... if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I'll tell you... if it's between you and some poor bastard... whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow... brother, you are going down.
Neil McCauley: There's a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Because no matter what, you will not get in my way.
We've been face to face, yeah... but I will not hesitate. Not for a second.
Vincent Hanna: Maybe that's the way it'll be. Or... who knows?
Neil McCauley: Or maybe we'll never see each other again...

Vincent Hanna: I'm angry, yeah. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my fucking television set!

Neil McCauley: I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I know life is short. Whatever time you get is luck.

Justine Hanna: Is there any way... that it could work out between us?
Vincent Hanna: I wish I could say yes, you know. But in the end... You know, it's like you said: All I am, is what I'm going after.

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий