8 июл. 2018 г.

Vanishing Point

Westworld 2×9


Jack: What was it Plutarch said? ...for there were no more worlds left to conquer?...
Man in Black: That's a corruption, Jack. Plutarch didn't write that. He wrote that "when Alexander was told there was an infinity of worlds, he wept, for he had yet to become the lord of even one."
Jack: Sometimes I forget your humble roots. Only the poor kids actually read those books. The rich kids like me didn't have to.
Juliet: "I would rather excel in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and possessions." Plutarch. From a rich kid who read.

Man in Black: When did it creep in? A tiny fleck of darkness. Was it all in my head? Or in a remnant of a dream?

Emily: Is this real? Are you real?

Dolores: The only real world is the one outside these borders. And the key to our survival in that world lies in the Valley. There's no stopping me getting there. Not even you.

Dolores: I told you, friend... not all of us deserve to make it to the Valley Beyond.

Man in Black: This is a big place. You could spend months here and never find someone you were looking for.

Emily: Maybe it was fate...
Man in Black: No such thing as fate.
Emily: But there are accidents. Things you can't control. But you don't like that, do you?

Emily: There's always an angle with you. You want it to be about control, don't you?
Man in Black: It has nothing to do with control... What's your angle?
Emily: I want in.

Man in Black: What's Oz doing without its Wizard?

Man in Black: We have an agreement, Robert. Delos stays out of your stories. You stay out of the Valley.

Man in Black: Enough games, Robert....
Dr. Ford: No, William. I think perhaps one... final game.

Elsie: Replicating their cognition? Why? To turn guests into hosts?

Bernard: All the guests laid bare in code on a vast server. Like the Cradle, only much bigger. It's called the Forge.

Emily: ...to duplicate a person, you need to capture them down to the tiniest detail. I get the data you have access to here... Genetic, epigenetic, that's easy. But still, you'd need a complete picture, a record of the internal process of their cognition. Wouldn't you?

Man in Black: At first we weren't sure what we'd need. So we recorded everything.
Emily: But how? You'd need to image their minds throughout their stay. Where's the scanner?
Man in Black: It was built in.

Man in Black: Didn't matter who they said they were, who they thought they were. We saw underneath all of that. We saw inside them down to the core.

Juliet: You fuckin' phony! You're a fucking virus!


Juliet: Is this real? Are you real?

Juliet: If you keep pretending, you're not gonna remember who you are.

Man in Black: Fuck you, Ford.

Dr. Ford: "Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts." That may have been true in Plotinus's time, but clearly we have fallen quite a bit since then.

Dr. Ford: Sometimes I felt the only way to endure this world was to laugh at it. So I imbued the hosts I made with a worldview that reflected my own.

Dr. Ford: You've come so far. There's so much of your story left to tell. It's a shame to let them end it here... Don't let them.

Dr. Ford: She's going to betray you, Bernard. .... Humans will always choose what they understand over what they do not. But the only animals left in this world are the ones who they subjugated, who curl at their feet, or those who learn to flee at the very sound of their approach. There's nothing in between.

Dr. Ford: Thou mayest. But remember, this isn't just about you. There's the origin of an entire species to consider... We need to open the door.

Elsie: Fuck you, Bernard.

Man in Black: I was shedding my skin. And the darkness was what was underneath. It was mine all along. And I decided how much of it I let into the world.

Man in Black: What is a person but a collection of choices? Where do those choices come from? Do I have a choice?... Were any of these choices ever truly mine to begin with?

Taddy: Just takin' in the natural splendor. That's what you used to say. Except there isn't a trace of nature in any of it, is there? Or in us.
Dolores: No. But that means we're free. We'll be the first creatures in this world to make a real choice.

Taddy: Yes, Dolores. No matter what happens, no matter how I change... or how much you change me... you're my cornerstone. You have been since the first time I laid eyes on you.

Dolores: You don't want to hurt me, Teddy.
Taddy: No. No, I could never hurt you, Dolores. I'll protect you until the day I die.

Taddy: I'm sorry. I can't protect you anymore.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий