3 июл. 2018 г.

Elmsley Count

Billions 3×12


Wags: I am telling you, Sef, I smell money.

Andolov: I was just asking myself if I would... And you know what? I would! Wow. Every day you live this life you learn something about yourself. Delightful!

Andolov: You didn't even flinch. Like the titan, Lee Iacocca. That's important.

Andolov: Why are you leaving Axe? After all, he made you.
Taylor: ... As for your question: the same reason you leave a house that has a furnace leaking carbon monoxide: It's the only way to survive.
Andolov: I like this image... They say you can't taste it or smell it or even know that it's putting you to sleep. But I always think I would: most people are already sleepwalking through their lives. So they don't even notice. How could they, it's only a matter of degree.

Birch: After today, everyone will know that Axe Capital is just like Atlantis, this once great land, now totally underwater and feels like a figment of someone's imagination.

Epstein: Once it's signed and the hard copy is sent along with the PDF, there's no turning back.
Chuck: No. The proverbial Rubicon. .... And even though that's what we want...
Epstein: Intimidating nevertheless.

Chuck: Yes. Yes. I did as hard a vet on you as one could do.
Epstein: I knew to get where I needed to get I'd have to be Jackie Robinson clean.

Epstein: ...you can't just offer him help.
Chuck: No, he'll sniff it out, of course.
Epstein: Ask for something, big. For yourself. So he believes you're in it for your own reasons.
Chuck: And then it's time for The Prestige... Put your shoes on and get ready.

Wags: Only Ricky Roma gets to show up late.
Taylor: Well, I am at the top of the board.

Wendy: Remember: they are not buying your proprietary trading platform, they are not buying your strategies, they are buying you. Remind them that we have the answers. That they are safe in your loving arms.
Booby: Like Barry White.
Wendy: Oh, he'd have had them hands in the air, weeping and singing along. So, yes, exactly like Barry White.

Booby: There are only two things these allocators really want to know, but they'll never directly ask: Can we be trusted? And are we special? We nail those. We nail this entire thing.

Taylor: We all know it's not magic. It's the opposite of magic. It's grinding, focused work, it's sitting on their bed for weeks, months at a time, working slip cuts, perfecting the Elmsley Count... so that the audience never sees where the cards really are. No. It's not magic. But when the effect is presented, it sure feels like a miracle.


Bobby: Look, Taylor is the single most effective manager of money I have ever come across. They are the future of Axe Capital. And I'm just thrilled that you're all gonna get the opportunity to work with them directly alongside me and the team.

Bryan: I've got him.
Kate: Dramatic.

Kate: What do you think you know?

Kate: He's doing that Chuck thing... but for the right fucking reasons this time, all the way.

Rhoades, Sr.: This is new.
Chuck: What? I come over all the time.
Rhoades, Sr.: Not without an agenda.
Chuck: A man can't want to see his own father?
Rhoades, Sr.: A man can. Not this man.

Rhoades, Sr.: Make your man do what you want him to do, not what's good for him... the object of any worthwhile contest.

Rhoades, Sr.: Better to play fast and aggressive with inferior matériel, than let them be exposed later.
Chuck: Rommel?
Rhoades, Sr.: Me!

Rhoades, Sr.: If the end game is coming sooner or later... even if it might crush you, I say: Bring it on! Shift the pressure of the decision from you, to him. Let him have to avoid the mistake. Or see the one move that might get him through.

Wags: I'm feeling like somebody slipped us a Cosby.

Taylor: A new kind of organization. Top down but not imperious or impetuous. Integrated. And you can make more than you do now. With a partnership stake.
Mafee: Goddamnit... When?

Bobby: Taylor's making a move. They've played the Elmsley Count on us.
Wags: So we wouldn't see their real cards.

Bobby: Wendy. Now. Tell me she's fucking here.
Helena: She is.

Ben Kim: Where did you come from?
Taylor: Wrong question. Where are we going is the right one.

Bobby: Nice place.
Andolov: Yeah. Once I own every townhouse on the block, I'll put them all together. Make a real home, you know? Quilts on the beds, needlepoints on the walls, healing crystals in every window. Until then, this one is a place for special conversations.

Andolov: So, you know you have a problem, yes?... Because you don't have pest control. So the pests are running all around the place with no consequences. But I'm very good at dealing with pests, with vermin. I have a perfect score with Consumer Reports...

Andolov: If it were me and I were standing as naked as Paris Hilton and twice as fucked...

Andolov: Look at this from my particular set of binoculars...

Andolov: I ask your permission because, really, she is your property. Not mine.

Andolov: Shame about Taylor. So smart. Loss for everyone.

Bobby: ...no amount I give to charity will help me atone for the ass fucking I will give you in this business.

Bobby: You're ready for the summit. But you know what they call that spot up on Everest? The Death Zone. Some people that make it up, and then they make it back home. But there are countless more, fucking dead, encased in ice for all time. That's where you are now. And very few people can even survive on the available oxygen up here. Even fewer can perform.

Chuck: General, I think you should fall back and just let this play out in court. Let justice take its course. Safer that way...
Jeffcoat: Yeah, I could. But no, I'm gonna give justice just a little bit of fucking help.

Jeffcoat: Well, I can't say I'm a hundred percent surprised. A man looking out for his own interest is a man who can be counted on. What do you want?

Taylor: I'm building, not destroying.... I'm assembling a place that's tech-centric, but I want my people as frequently tuned and upgraded as the software. And I don't want them merely calibrated to make money. I want you to make sure their whole selves are being attended to. It's a place free of any arrests, or indictments, or insinuations. It's a place where we can be our best.
Wendy: Nice ideas...

Wendy: You're a brilliant person... You have a lot of answers. But you are very young and there's a lot more to this business than you've learned so far.
Taylor: Like?
Wendy: It is not just about numbers and decimal points. The thing that makes it matter is: Lasting relationships. True loyalty. Real trust.
Taylor: No, I'm pretty sure there's only money, and it can buy all those things or at least the same result. That's what you and Axe taught me.

Hall: If Grigor did this, it would be handled cleanly. There would be an accident... falling debris on the street. An overdose. A car crash. A heart attack from a blockage no one saw coming. They are employing a refinement of work flow in this area that is simply unmatched...

Bobby: With regards to Taylor? Total destruction.

Bobby: ...And it's not tenable to have Grigor in my city, knowing that I'm either indebted to him or that I rejected him.

Hall: But you should know. Should you move forward, even through me, that psychologically...
Bobby: I do know. Residue. Of course.
Hall: More than residue. Weight. Whatever you decide. However. Whenever... I am ready.

Andolov: How can I keep my money with a man who won't kill for it?

Epstein: Tiger's breath was just too hot when it was right in my face...

Jeffcoat: What I know now, señor, is that character cannot be taught or learned. It is innate. Some people have it. .... You clearly do not.

Jeffcoat: As of this moment, you are a trespasser in these hallowed halls of the law. You, Charles Rhoades Junior, are relieved of duty. On power of the President, you are fired!

Chuck: Enjoy this. You've outplayed me. And you have earned it. But don't, even for a second, think that that smile on your face is gonna be there for very fucking long.

Bryan: Drop your credentials at the desk, and get the fuck out of here.

Wendy: Fuck them. As I said.
Bobby: That's right. Good.
Wendy: No, I mean fuck them over. You have to. We do.
Bobby: Well, that's different from: "look inward..."

Chuck: 'lo Bob.
Bobby: Charles.

Bobby: So, you know how you're gonna go after Jock?
Chuck: Some ideas floating around my head, yeah. And, uh, Taylor?
Bobby: Yeah. Yeah... Got a plan that's starting to form.
Wendy: Tell him about it. There's no one better at breaking down a strategy.

Bobby: You want to hear it?
Chuck: Hit me with what you got...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий