25 июл. 2018 г.

A Very English Scandal #1.1

Peter Bessell: Call it a hobby. Some people play golf, I like screwing.

Jeremy Thorpe: What would you say you are, vis-a-vis men and women? What are you? 50-50?
Peter Bessell: More like 80-20. I mean, 80% for the ladies.
Jeremy Thorpe: Yeah. Yes, I call myself 80%, but... 80%... gay.
Peter Bessell: Gosh, I'm not sure that word's ever been said within these walls before. Not in that context. My wife insists that gay means happy.
Jeremy Thorpe: I think she's absolutely right. And I intend to be very happy, very many times in my life.

Jeremy Thorpe: Peter, we are nothing but a pair of old queens. To... Her Majesty.
Peter Bessell: Her Majesty.

Jeremy Thorpe: It is my duty to inform the Prime Minister that if he continues to restrict immigration, he is staunching the lifeblood of this country... And, and fuelling the rise of the "Keep Britain White" campaign. Citizens from all over the Commonwealth deserve a free and safe right of entry, or else the Government may find that its White Paper is very aptly named.

Peter Bessell: What does he want? Money?
Jeremy Thorpe: The vast sum of £30. He can't even blackmail properly.

Jeremy Thorpe: Now I'm going to kiss you, and you will enjoy it...

Jeremy Thorpe: Now, we are going to need this, just in case... And a good little helping of every bachelor's friend... Just hop onto all fours, there's a good chap. That always works best, don't you think?
Norman Josiffe: On the bed?
Jeremy Thorpe: Yes, on the bed.

Jeremy Thorpe: And remember... mother's room.


Jeremy Thorpe: This country's application to join the Common Market represents a huge opportunity, for growth and investment, and not just for the bankers and businessmen in London, they have lined their pockets enough, but for my constituents in North Devon, and for all the good and honest workers across the land, Europe represents a bold new horizon, an undertaking from which we may profit and learn, and enrich our lives for generations to come.

Norman Josiffe: Technically, he was my employer, because he paid for everything, so he's got to do it. If I don't have a National Insurance card, I can't work, I don't get benefits, I don't exist!

Lord Kilmuir: I will refuse to sit in any Cabinet meeting where this filthy subject is even being discussed. We would be licensing buggers' clubs. I have no desire to go down in history as the man responsible for legalising sodomy in Britain!

Boofy: What puzzles me is that the heterosexual man is so relentless in his attack.
Countess Arran: We've had some dreadful letters, full of bile, quoting Deuteronomy and Leviticus. No-one ever mentions the Sermon on the Mount.
Boofy: I had shit sent to me. A parcel of shit. Shit in the post! Human shit! My secretary thought it was pate. She said, "I threw it away, Lord Arran, it wouldn't keep."

Peter Bessell: It's astonishing to think, if Leo Abse wins, there will be freedom.
Jeremy Thorpe: Those men will be free to be pitied, that's all. I don't care what change they make to the law, if anything about me ever became public... I give you my word, Peter, I would put a gun to my head and blow my brains out.

Jeremy Thorpe: I swear on my grandfather's sword... that I shall lead... a Liberal crusade!

Jeremy Thorpe: Pedro, I've come to a very important conclusion. If I'm to get any further, I had better get married.
Peter Bessell: Really? Who do you have in mind, the Queen Mother?

Norman Josiffe: ...Because he was my employer. He was my employer and my lover.

Caroline: It's disgusting.

Jeremy Thorpe: I really don't care. I don't care if we shoot him or we strangle him or we poison him or we bludgeon him or we tie him up in a sack and drop in the Thames, there is only one way for us to survive, Norman Scott has got to die. So, how?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий