10 июл. 2018 г.

The Last Ceremony

The Handmaid's Tale 2×10


Emily: You treat it like a job, an unpleasant job, to be gotten through as fast as possible.

Emily: Kissing is forbidden. This makes it bearable. One detaches oneself. One describes. An act of copulation, fertilization perhaps. No more to you than a bee is to a flower. You steel yourself. You pretend not to be present, not in the flesh. You leave your body.

Emily: Chances are better if I lay on my back afterwards...

June: You cannot give up. You're gonna see your son again...
Emily: I'm not his mother anymore.

Serena: "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee. And before thou camest out of the womb, I sanctified thee and ordained thee a prophet unto the nations..." We did it, Offred! And this is the will of God and we shall rejoice and be glad in it.
June: No one knows the things of God.

Commander Waterford: Who are you to tell me what's within my power?

Serena: I think the best way is the most natural way...

Commander Waterford: "And she said, "Behold my handmaid, Bilhah. Go in unto her. And she shall bear upon my knees that I may also have children by her... And she gave him her handmaid to wife, and Jacob went in unto her!"

June: Hannah... Hannah--
Agnes. Her name is Agnes now.

Hannah: Did you try to find me?
June: I did. I tried so hard. Daddy did too.
Hannah: Why didn't you try harder?

June: I need you to do something for me, okay?... Enjoy your life. And love your parents. And you do whatever they tell you. Okay? Martha: Because I need you to be careful, and I need you... I need you to keep yourself safe.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий