5 июл. 2018 г.

Dandelion Sky

The Expanse 3×10


Holden: I've gotten you guys in enough trouble. What else is new, right?

Holden: ...And do not follow me. That's an order.

Holden: After all the shit we've been through, I'm starting to wonder if I'm cursed.
Miller: Yeah, why's that? 'Cause out of the whole human race, you're the one flying through the mysterious alien artifact with a dead guy?

Miller: You're just following your program. Just like me.
Holden: Program? I always had this crazy notion about free will.
Miller: Then how come it is that every time there's a cluster-fuck shit-storm situation in the universe, there's James Holden, shrugging his shoulders, saying, "How the hell did I end up here?"

Miller: You're the patron saint of lost causes, kid.

Holden: Just exercising some free will.
Miller: Now you're just being an asshole.

Amos: It's better to go down swinging than rolling over.

Alex: And we're playing way out of our league, here.
Amos: That's been true ever since we've been sharpening sticks and going after lions, but we're still here.

Holden: What's in there?
Miller: Just stuff. The next lead in the case.
Holden: Do you even know what "the case" is?

Miller: Whew. Sometimes I... I know stuff that's too big for my head.


Holden: But what do you need me for?
Miller: Because you exist, okay? That's why.
Holden: You seem real enough.
Miller: Okay... Couple hundred billion brain cells in your skull. You got more synapses than stars in the universe. You are a fancy hand terminal.
Holden: Thanks.
Miller: With a lot of buttons. Now, I push a few trillion of them buttons in exactly the right way and, ta-da. You're talking to Miller. The sound of his voice, the clothes he wore...
Holden: Plus the hat.
Miller: Yeah, I like the hat. Plus, uh, I'm pushing the buttons.

Holden: So it's a magic trick.
Miller: So is your whole damn reality, kid. Just different buttons being pushed.
Holden: Maybe I'm the illusion inside your head...
Miller: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm trying to keep things simple here for you, okay? Calculus, amoeba... Monkey, Mozart.

Anna: My father used to say that God gave us two texts: scripture and creation. And if they seem to contradict, it's because we haven't understood one of them yet. ... It turns out, he was quoting St. Augustine.

Holden: This feels like one-G.
Miller: Yeah, you're welcome.

Miller: This is what I need you to do... Complete that circuit.

Miller: Tick-tock, tick-tock. Finish the job.

Miller: No risk, no reward.

Holden: Did it kill you? Did it tear you apart, one atom at a time? Or did you burn?

Miller: Now or never, Holden. Finish it.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий