21 июл. 2018 г.

The Second Mother (2015)

Jéssica: I'm not smart. I'm curious.
Dr. Carlos: Isn't it the same thing?

Val: Fabinho... What about Jéssica?
Fabinho: Jéssica what?
Val: What did you think of her?
Fabinho: A bit strange.
Val: What do you mean?
Fabinho: I don't know. Too sure of herself.
Val: You're right. She's too sure of herself. ... With those eyes of hers... looking at everyone as if she were the president.

Val: Jéssica, who set the table?
Jéssica: Bárbara did.
Val: It's not Bárbara. It's Dona Bárbara! Come on, "Bárbara"! And you can't sit at their table.

Val: This is Fabinho's!
Jéssica: But he said I could have it.
Val: When they offer you something that is theirs... they're being polite. They are sure we're going to say no.

Jéssica: I don't know where you learned these things. What you can and cannot do. ls there a handbook? How come? Who taught you that? They explained it to you when you got here?
Val: Nobody has to explain that. You're born knowing it, what you can and cannot do. It's like you're from another planet.
Jéssica: Who's born knowing it?

Dr. Carlos: Do you believe in reincarnation? .... I don't. I think this is our only time here. So sometimes we say things that might sound crazy. But maybe not saying it... would be crazy too, if this is my only chance... Would you marry me?

Val: You think you're special. You think you're better than everyone else. You think you're superior.
Jéssica: I don't think I'm better, Val. I just don't think I'm worse.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий