27 июл. 2018 г.

A Very English Scandal #1.2

Jeremy Thorpe: I regard it as immoral. This country is continuing to supply arms to Nigeria while no food has been able to reach these people since the 10th of June. And who takes advantage of the situation? Soviet Russia. The Russians have been growing in strength within Nigeria with every passing day and the world should see this. The world should know!

Jeremy Thorpe: ...Of course, the real question is where to dispose of the body. In New York, they drop corpses in the river...

Norman Josiffe: I love you!
Susan: Do you know what you sound like when you say that? You sound queer.

Peter Bessell: ...leaving me half a million in debt, and since you're not allowed to be an MP and a bankrupt, off I pop. I swear, a man is not allowed to lose his money these days without everybody making a fuss.

Jeremy Thorpe: Well, who knows where time and tide will take us... I'll see you again, old friend.
Peter Bessell: I hope so...

Jeremy Thorpe: I wish you a safe journey, Peter, and I wish you a happy life. And then... I wish Norman Scott to be killed.

Gwen Parry-Jones: Norman. Norman. The nights... are very... very long.

Gwen Parry-Jones: Don't be silly. My husband was in the army. But Jeremy Thorpe, for God's sake! He's the leader of the party!... Norman, you've struck lucky.

Norman Josiffe: ...And in the end, I never did get my National Insurance card.


Norman Josiffe: ....I loved him and I still love him, even though that's ridiculous. And he loved me. So you can write down this... I wasn't his prostitute or a one-night stand or a quick little fuck in the dark. I was Jeremy Thorpe's lover.

Reggie Maudling: There's only one reason anyone asks to see me, hugger-mugger. Have you been an idiot?

Reggie Maudling: We can all bear a little scandal. My own mother disowned me when I married an actress, and I survived. ...
Jeremy Thorpe: See, I think it's different when the lies are homosexual in nature, because I think stories like that reflect badly on the whole of Parliament.

Reggie Maudling: Is it true? What Scott says?
Jeremy Thorpe: No.
Reggie Maudling: Consider it done.
Jeremy Thorpe: Thank you.
Reggie Maudling: Consider it done, and no more.

Jeremy Thorpe: Danny, it's a game. It's a very, very long game and I'm playing it well.

Norman Josiffe: It's just... people are so lovely to me wherever I go, and I never know why.

Andrew Newton: I'll contact you as soon as the man from Canada arrives.
Norman Josiffe: Was he the man you wanted me to meet or is he the man who's going to kill me?
Andrew Newton: It's complicated.

Norman Josiffe: Jeremy Thorpe. Jeremy Thorpe did this. It was Jeremy Thorpe!

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий