29 июн. 2018 г.

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

James Cole: What year is this?
Kathryn Railly: What year do you think it is?
James Cole: 1996.
Kathryn Railly: That's the future, James. Do you think you're living in the future?
James Cole: 1996 is the past.
Kathryn Railly: No, 1996 is the future. This is 1990.

Dr. Fletcher: Are you going to save us, Mr. Cole?
James Cole: How can I save you? This already happened.

Jeffrey Goines: See? Told you. All the doors are locked too. They're protecting the people on the outside from us... when the people on the outside are as crazy as us. Do you know what "crazy" is? Crazy is majority rules.

Jeffrey Goines: There's no right. There's no wrong. There's only popular opinion.

Kathryn Railly: Oh, Jesus! James, you killed him!
James Cole: All I see are dead people.

Kathryn Railly: You never had a gun before.
James Cole: I have one now.

Dr. Leland Goines: ...I am burdened. For with all this excess of public attention and cacophony of praise... there comes great responsibility. I don't have to tell you all that the dangers of science... are a timeworn threat. From Prometheus stealin' fire from the gods... to the Cold War era of the Dr. Strangelove terror.

James Cole: I am insane. And you are my insanity.


Dr. Fletcher: Kathryn! You're a rational person. You're a trained psychiatrist. You know the difference between what's real and what's not.
Kathryn Railly: And what we say is the truth is what everybody accepts. Right, Owen? I mean, psychiatry... it's the latest religion. We decide what's right and wrong. We decide who's crazy or not. I'm in trouble here. I'm losing my faith.

Bob: Yellin' won't get you what you want. You have to be smart to get what you want.

James Cole: I want the future to be unknown. I want to become a whole person again. I want this to be the present. I want to stay here... this time... with you.

Kathryn Railly: It's okay! We're insane. We're crazy. It's a carpet cleaning company.
James Cole: A carpet cleaning company?
Kathryn Railly: Yeah. No superiors. No scientists. No men from the future. It's just a carpet cleaning company. They have voice mail. You leave a message telling where you want your carpet cleaned.
James Cole: You left them a message?
Kathryn Railly: Yeah. I couldn't resist. Wait 'til they hear this nutty woman telling them they'd better watch out for the Army of the Twelve Monkeys. I said, "The Freedom for Animals Association on Second Avenue... is the secret headquarters of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys."
James Cole: "They're the ones who are gonna do it. I can't do anything more now. I have to go. Have a merry Christmas."

James Cole: The movie never changes. It can't change. But every time you see it, it seems different because you're different. You see different things.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий