28 июн. 2018 г.

Women's Work

The Handmaid's Tale 2×8


June: She writes, I read. This is the new normal. And an offense to God. In another life, maybe we could've been colleagues. And in this one, we're heretics.

June: ...this is new territory for Serena, I think. How does she feel about falling? She seems pretty fucking happy.

June: Blessed be the fruit.
Janine: May the Force be with you.

Janine: You'll probably get to the cool part soon. The baby's foot pushes out of your stomach like in Alien...

Janine: My posting's great. It's just the Ceremony. No blow jobs. Seriously, it's like a blessing from God.


June: Stay in Gilead long enough and it starts to eat you from the inside out. That's one of the things they do. They force you to kill, within yourself.

Serena: What do you think?
June: .... Well, I think, if it were my baby, I would do whatever I could... Law or no law.

Serena: I did it for the child. What greater responsibility is there in Gilead?
Fred: Obeying your husband.

Serena: Amends?
Fred: "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. And ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge. Giving honor... unto the wife as unto the weaker vessel."

Fred: Forgive me, darling...

June: Someone once said, "Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." We should've known better.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий