15 нояб. 2016 г.

The Manchurian Candidate

& Bennett Marco: Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

& Yen Lo: All right. All right, Doctor!
    Zilkov: Whom do you think he should kill?
    Yen Lo: With humor, my dear Zilkov! Always with a little humor. If kill we must for a better New York, why should it not be...

& Col. Milt: Have you read them all?
    Marco: ... the truth of the matter is that I’m just interested, you know, in Principles of Modern Banking and The History of Piracy, The Paintings of Orozco, Modern French Theater, The Jurisprudential Factor of Mafia Administration, Diseases of Horses and the novels of Joyce Cary and... Ethnic Choices of the Arabs. Things like that.

& Marco: I said Raymond Shaw is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known. And even now I feel that way, and yet, somewhere in the back of my mind, something tells me it’s not true. It’s just not true. It isn’t as if Raymond’s hard to like. He’s impossible to like! In fact, he’s probably one of the most repulsive human beings I’ve ever known in my whole... all of my life.

& Marco: I could never figure out what that phrase meant, «more or less...»

& Sen. John Yerkes Iselin: There’s just one thing, babe. I’d be a lot happier if we could just settle on the number of Communists I know there are in the Defense Department. I mean, the way you keep changing the figures on me all the time, it makes me look like some kind of a nut, like... like an idiot. ....
    Mrs. Iselin: Babe... Who are they writing about all over this country and what are they saying? «Are there any Communists in the Defense Department?» Of course not. They’re saying, «How many Communists are there?» So stop talking like an expert, all of a sudden, and get out there and say what you’re supposed to say!


& Mrs. Iselin: I’m sorry, hon’. Would it really make it easier for you if we settled on just one number?
    Sen. John Yerkes Iselin: Yeah. Just one real simple number that will be easy for me to remember. ..... There are exactly 57 card-carrying members of the Communist Party in the Department of Defense at this time!

& Marco: What was Raymond doing with his hands? How did the old ladies turn into Russians? What was Raymond doing with his hands? What were you doing there?

& Raymond Shaw: I don’t think that Chunjin is a Buddhist. He smiles all the time.

& Sen. Iselin: But, babe, I thought that you and Senator...
    Mrs. Iselin: I keep telling you not to think! You’re very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon, just simply isn’t one of them. Just keep shouting «point of order» into the television cameras, — and I will handle the rest.

& Rosie: Bennie, I want to marry you more than I want to go on eating Italian food, which will give you some idea.

& Raymond Shaw: My dear girl. Have you noticed that the human race is divided into two distinct and irreconcilable groups? Those who walk into rooms and automatically turn televisions on, and those who walk in and automatically turn them off.
    The problem is, they usually marry each other, which naturally causes a great deal...

& Marco: How about passing the time by playing a little solitaire?..

& Marco: It’s over! The links, the beautifully conditioned links are smashed. They’re smashed as of now because we say so. Because we say they are to be smashed! We’re busting up the joint so good, all the queen’s horses and all the queen’s men will never put you back together again. You don’t work anymore. That’s an order. Anybody invites you to a game of solitaire, you tell ’em, «Sorry, buster. The ball game is over.»

& Mrs. Iselin: ...Then Johnny will really hit those microphones and those cameras, with blood all over him, fighting off anyone who tries to help, defending America even if it means his own death! Rallying a nation of television viewers into hysteria, to sweep us up into the White House with powers that will make martial law seem like anarchy!

& Marco: I should have known better. Intelligence Officer! Stupidity Officer is better! If the Pentagon ever opens up a Stupidity Division, they know who can lead it.

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий