11 нояб. 2016 г.

The Confirmation

& Father Lyons: Must’ve lied to somebody?
    Anthony: No.
    Father Lyons: You’re lying to me now.
    Anthony: No, I’m not.
    Father Lyons: A boy can’t go that long without a falsehood.
    Anthony: .... Maybe once. This girl in school... she asked me if I liked her cookies... and I said yes. Was that wrong?

& Father Lyons: How about impure thoughts? You must have had some of those.
    Anthony: What’s an impure thought?
    Father Lyons: Maybe you wished bad things for someone?
    Anthony: Why would I do that?
    Father Lyons: Maybe thoughts about sex?
    Anthony: What do those thoughts look like?

& Walt: More universes?.. Did you hear what you just said?.. That’s crazy. «Universe» means universal. That’s everything. You know, «uni» means one... «verse» means... all. There can only be one universe. Maybe I should have a talk with this teacher of yours... ’cause he’s teaching you a lot of nonsense.
    Anthony: It’s a woman.
    Walt: Well, women are just as full of it as men, you know. You didn’t know that?

& Otto: He’s a good guy. Retired. He knows just about everybody. He might know who would steal tools like yours.
    Walt: Was he a cop?
    Otto: No, a thief.
    Walt: But he’s a good guy now?
    Otto: Better than most.
    Walt: Better than most thieves or better than most guys?
    Otto: ... Thieves. But he’s a good guy now. He found Jesus.
    Walt: Well, if he found Jesus, maybe he can find my tools.


& Walt: He didn’t like them? I mean, who doesn’t like custom built-in wood shelves? Jesus. I mean... Half of us build the world, the other half destroy it.

& Walt: You know, I think maybe you’re right. I think I can see your other universes. I just hope they make more sense than this one.

& Walt: These things that they tell you... they might be true, they might not be true.
    Anthony: What do you think?
    Walt: I think that I don’t know... and neither do they. No matter what they say. They don’t know. So, just in case... maybe you should take Communion.
    Anthony: What about Confirmation?
    Walt: Won’t hurt you. You know, just do it. For your mom. And once you’re grown, you can do what you want.
    Anthony: I can?
    Walt: Absolutely. You know, you can skip church... and listen to shitty metalheads... if you want, God forbid. Just... you know, listen to what they say... and then decide for yourself. Do what you think is right, okay?

& Walt: Well, the important thing is, you tried your best... and we appreciate that. Don’t we, Anthony?
    Anthony: Yeah, we really appreciate how much you tried your best.

& Walt: They say God lives in the details.
    Anthony: He does?
    Walt: Well, if He doesn’t live in the details, where does He live?
    Anthony: I don’t know.

& Walt: See... bad workmanship is a sin.

& Anthony: Bless me, for I have sinned. It’s been one day since my last confession. These are my sins. .....

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий